Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not interested in aftermarket suspensions, mainly due to the laws here in Hawaii requiring extra paperwork. I noticed that the ride of the 10th Gen 1.5T Sport was a lot smoother than my 9th Gen I4 Coupe. Is it possible to "upgrade" the suspension with Honda OEM parts to improve the ride?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I doubt you can swap over any 10th gen suspension parts, but I haven't looked closely so I might be wrong and others might be able to say for sure. There are 9th gen options available, though. The 9th gen Touring models used "amplitude reactive" dampers which are supposedly "better." Theoretically they're supposed to be softer over bumps, dips, etc but firm up when cornering. Not sure how much of that is marketing-speak versus reality, though.

What's your main complaint with the ride? Too soft, too firm, or..?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt you can swap over any 10th gen suspension parts, but I haven't looked closely so I might be wrong and others might be able to say for sure. There are 9th gen options available, though. The 9th gen Touring models used "amplitude reactive" dampers which are supposedly "better." Theoretically they're supposed to be softer over bumps, dips, etc but firm up when cornering. Not sure how much of that is marketing-speak versus reality, though.

What's your main complaint with the ride? Too soft, too firm, or..?
I'm mainly looking for a softer ride, if that is even possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts