Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone powder coated or plasti dipped any of the new accessory wheels or the standard 2016 19 inch wheels?

I want to upgrade from the ugly "saw blade" wheels but dont really like the chrome on the wheels.

Heres a photoshop I made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,125 Posts
Dipping is way cheaper, and removable.

Protip: Set your rattle cans in some warm water from the tap for about 10 minutes before spraying. It'll help the dip settle and you'll get a much smoother finish.

Reactions: berrnard

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's a pic of mine from my old 9th gen. This is 3 coats of black Plasti Dip and 3 coats of silver Metalizer plastic dip. I wanted more of a metallic shine instead of the dull black. The wheels on my BMW is 3 coats of anthracite gray plastic dip and 3 coats of silver metalizer just in case you want that look.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,125 Posts
If you do it correctly, and aren't prone to curbing your wheels, PD spray has a peelable lifespan of around 3 years. After that it'll be hard to peel. Applying DipCoat spray will also help keep them clean and protect/strengthen the dip itself.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stumbled across these on Ebay. I'm not a fan of all chrome wheels, but now I want to see someone do these in silver

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
do you have a link to these? i couldnt find them

Stumbled across these on Ebay. I'm not a fan of all chrome wheels, but now I want to see someone do these in silver

·
Registered
19 Posts
absolutely agree...I posted before that I think the black inserts would look better in silver and leave the machined part alone. I don't like chrome either, but I can now tell for sure that my 16 sport wheels would look sweet in all silver

·
Registered
226 Posts
2G's for those wheels!! thats insane!

i could get some vossen cv3-r's for that price!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I was hoping to see if any of you have plastidipped your wheels. I want to see some options that have been implemented so that I can have a better idea and what I should try out. Thanks!

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I did mine around 7 months ago With brass monkey kit. Holding up well. Interested to see how the plasti dip holds up to winter
View attachment 518059
I do love that color. Might do mine the same, or with bronze gold! My car is ASM so the contrast either way should bode well

You know you gotta do a post-winter update tho right? Lol...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts