Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are numerous empty fuse positions in my LX-P, can I put a fuse tap in those empty locations?

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
There are numerous empty fuse positions in my LX-P, can I put a fuse tap in those empty locations?
Yes. All of the models have at least a few empty locations and they should all have power. I have taps on both my drivers and passenger sides (the fuseboxes). Check the service manual for details about each position and being switched.

Scott C.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott,
That is great news. I would assume that the fuse I use should be appropriate for that location?

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Scott,
That is great news. I would assume that the fuse I use should be appropriate for that location?

For the most part, if the location is empty then you can put in whatever size fuse you need. Case in point, I used a larger fuse in an open position when adding my heated seats, and a smaller fuse in an open position for my M&D navi. When adding features, I tried to match the fuse locations Honda assigned to these functions, but that was not always possible. Also, you can tap locations that already have fuses, but you need to take into consideration the additional load you are adding to that existing fuse. Said another way, adding a tap to an existing 3 amp fuse location means the car "features" will pull up to 3 amps before blowing that fuse. If you are adding something that will pull a max of 2 or 2.5 amps, then a 6 amp fuse should go into that location (in the tap).

Hopefully, that makes sense.

BTW, I see we have the same taste in white sedans. :)

Scott C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts