1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
The answer is nine?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Why would you want your power outlets to be hot to the battery? If you left an item plugged into the outlet and it was on it would run your battery down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Seems to me that the "Accessory" mode works too (or at least it did on older Hondas).

"Accord"-ing :lmao: to the O/M, "Accessory" or "ON" works for the new ones. :thmsup:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
Why would you want your power outlets to be hot to the battery? If you left an item plugged into the outlet and it was on it would run your battery down.
My magnum and challenger had a 12v outlet in the console that would stay "hot" when the car was off. It was a great feature that I miss in my new car. It was great for charging a phone.

Jay

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My magnum and challenger had a 12v outlet in the console that would stay "hot" when the car was off. It was a great feature that I miss in my new car. It was great for charging a phone.

Better planning goes a long way. I charge all my devices at night while I sleep. :thmsup:

Jay
Its nice to have one of them hot,, when you are trying to charge phone and going into a store or working out, you can leave in car and charge...
You will get a good workout when you try to push start your car with a dead battery. :yes:

Diese ^

My dad's 2002 GMC Yukon as 4 hot plugs when the car is off. I like it. Very useful.
That's great until one day you come out to your car and it won't start because your phone ran your battery down :D

·
4,338 Posts
You will get a good workout when you try to push start your car with a dead battery. :yes:

That's great until one day you come out to your car and it won't start because your phone ran your battery down :D
I sold my 8.5 year old magnum with 121k on it and the original battery. I think doing something right...

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You're an idiot if you think a phone is going to drain a car's battery.
I beg your pardon, an idiot? I may not agree with you, but that doesn't mean you have to call me an idiot.

I have seen a small 5 watt switch light bulb drain an aircraft's 24 volt 40 amp hour NiCad battery in two days. I don't mean while going into the cleaners to pick up the shirts. If you had two outlets you could have a phone with a low battery charging on one and a game boy on the other then you might drain the car battery.. Both are not high amperage draws but an over night charge could reduce your battery capacity depending on the condition of your battery.

·
4,338 Posts
I beg your pardon, an idiot? I may not agree with you, but that doesn't mean you have to call me an idiot.

I have seen a small 5 watt switch light bulb drain an aircraft's 24 volt 40 amp hour NiCad battery in two days. I don't mean while going into the cleaners to pick up the shirts. If you had two outlets you could have a phone with a low battery charging on one and a game boy on the other then you might drain the car battery.. Both are not high amperage draws but an over night charge could reduce your battery capacity depending on the condition of your battery.
Phones stop charging when full, and enter a trickle state. I've left mine "charging" all night. Car fires right up in the morning.

·
Cruisin Iowa...
149 Posts
Flyboy, you have obviously never had a car in which they stay hot. It is a great feature. You can charge your phone while shopping. dining, etc. I have had them on almost every car/truck I've owned. I have never run a battery down.

·
2013 Accord EX-L Sedan
11 Posts
A solution!

I haven't done this, but here's a way you could theoretically do it (correct me if i'm wrong):

Get two of these:

Plug one into the accessory socket fuse, and plug the other into an always-on fuse. Look in your manual for which ones to use. Crimp the lines together and it should theoretically splice the always-on power from one fuse slot to the other.

I've used those Add A Fuse fuse tappers to tap my GPS charge cord into the fuse box before. They're great!

·
2013 Accord EX-L Sedan
11 Posts
Just drew out a wiring diagram, and I do indeed believe my solution posted above would work!

Source: one and a half weeks of electrical engineering at a summer camp in high school

The "something" in a circle is whatever you decide to splice into for always-hot power.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts