Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A leak developed on our 2003 Accord on the power steering return line. The failure mode appears to be a pinhole leak in the steel line. The line is secured in a rubber grommet and it appears that corrosion developed under the grommet. Line cost was only $11.22 (CAN) and total was $176. Most of the fluid leaked out and we had to get it towed to a nearby (fortunately) dealer.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Nice Plymouth Superbird in the avatar!

As for the leak, this is exactly why it pays to spray with the thin Rust-Check, Krown etc. type fluid, which I do at least every other year prior to winter time, it has served me well on my last car, in fact the boyfriend of the girl buying the car said my 10 year old car had less rust underneath than his 3 year old car!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Plymouth Superbird in the avatar!

As for the leak, this is exactly why it pays to spray with the thin Rust-Check, Krown etc. type fluid, which I do at least every other year prior to winter time, it has served me well on my last car, in fact the boyfriend of the girl buying the car said my 10 year old car had less rust underneath than his 3 year old car!
I have had this car sprayed as well - every other year. Probably depends on where you live and how much salt is used. They use quite a bit in Ontario, Can.

I'm currently restoring the Superbird - about another year to go!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts