Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with what I think is a power-steering issue. When I start up the car it makes a faint but persistent whining noise that just doesn't go away. It gets louder the more I accelerate, but the thing is it stops completely when I go around right hand curves. As soon as I straiten out the wheel it goes right back to making a high pitched whining noise. The noise dies down when I slow down, but it never goes away. Also, it doesn't seem to matter if the engine is hot or cold. I'm a college student on a really tight budget, so I can't really afford to take it in and get it checked out. I keep an eye on all of the fluid levels and everything looks good including the power-steering fluid. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem online. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,429 Posts
The 7th gen V6 has an issue with the O-ring failing and cause air to get in the system. You don't have a 7th gen but maybe that is what the problem is. Check the reservoir if the fluid is bubbly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts