Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Only happens on cold start at full lock. If I rev the engine, noise goes away, if the engine is warm, noise goes away.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
oof. i get a groaning sound from my power steering pump (or so i believe its the power steering pump; could be the engine) at full lock 90% of the time... cold.. warm.. i figure its normal. not sure about that rattling though sounds like a mounting bolt or something is loose or missing

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think this happened to my car today, but i am not sure. i only notice it when the AC is on and i am stopped. is it the power steering pump?

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
i think this happened to my car today, but i am not sure. i only notice it when the AC is on and i am stopped. is it the power steering pump?
have you checked under the hood and zeroed in on a potential location? is it that same exact noise?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't found the exact location, but it is coming from somewhere near the PS pump so I assume that it is it. Is it possible for ac to trigger the rattle? If I turn off the ac, then the rattling stops

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't found the exact location, but it is coming from somewhere near the PS pump so I assume that it is it. Is it possible for ac to trigger the rattle? If I turn off the ac, then the rattling stops
AC loads the serp belt more so maybe.

I took the belt off and there seems to be 1/8" in-out play on the PS pulley. Dunno if that's the cause of my problem, but it does make a ringing noise when I move the pulley like that.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Is the belt worn out? Take a look at the wear indicator on the automatic tensioner, it could also be coming from the auto tensioner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
so after listening to it closely, i notice that the rattling/rumbling comes on when the fan comes on with the ac on. any clues?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts