Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a weird noise on my power steering pump a day after I get the timing belt and water pump replaced, and it's continued. It did not has any noise before I have the replacement. Is that possible the replacement cause the noise?
My car is 2001 Honda Accord LX coupe V6. 106k miles. I also had the 105k miles services at the same time of the replacement from my mechanic, which are transmission fluid and brake fluid replacement, and spark plugs replacement(tune up).
The power steering fluid is still up to the line. :confused:
:dunno:
What should I do with that? The mechanic who did the services for me won't fix that for free.

Thank you

·
Registered
197 Posts
Prolly didn't notice cause your drive belts are weak since you did your tbelt... I'm assuming. They. Replaced your drive belts cause they should of.....cause since your old belts get worned out they loose slight tension on the pulleys now you got new drive belts you have full tention on it .........LOL I had you huh LOL I'm just kidding. But since he replaced your T belts requires you to remove the. Ps pump chances are when they assembled everything together they forgot to add fluid to the resvoir. And did add the proper fluid in the ps pump .. hope is not too late and burned out the pump

·
Registered
197 Posts
Try adding fluid in the ps pump resorvior let run and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left n right till the noise is gone ...... but first look at the tank to see if its. Low on fluid their is marks on the full and low check before adding fluid if it's low proceed on what I told you if its full ps pump has to be replaced

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for you suggestion. I just check the reservoir tank, the fluid is full.
What will happen if I don't replace the PS pump? If I just replace the fluid, will it help? I've never replaced the ps fluid before, and now the mileage is 106k.
I don't have much money for the car after I just get the 105k services and the T-belt & water pump replaced.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you don't replace it likely drying out your steering rack and causing more issues you can try to do a ps service taking old fluid and adding new fluid and your sure its a is pump noise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure it's a pump noise. A mechanic told me that. But I don't 100% believe him. I hear the noise every time I turn the wheels without running the car or moving. When I sit in the car, the noise is from the passenger side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts