Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I purchased 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EXL recently in March 2022 with 32,000 Miles on it and started receiving error " POWER REDUCED Power System Temperature High. Power Maybe Reduced " at 33500 Miles. I took the car to dealer and they were unable to help as scanner was not detecting any error. Fortunately, at 35000 miles check engine light came on and after scanning dealer was able to detect the fault was in hybrid battery and they replaced it. See picture below taken on 06/01/2022:
Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Car

Now i have started getting a new error " POWER SYSTEM Power System Problem. Power May Be Reduced. See your Dealer " It comes on on its own and then goes away on its own. No check engine light turns on so dealer cant detect anything. Can anyone please help and guide me what could be the issue? I am an engineer myself and I suspect its a sensor fault, not battery itself, but dealers cant do any diagnosis without check engine light being ON. Does anyone else has seen this issue before?
Accord hybrid manual is vague as it does not give much information about it except that system is going through the check. Please guide me what should i do as these days changing the car is not an option with dealers charging record high Markups on new cars.

See Picture below taken on 08/02/2022.
Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Odometer Fuel gauge

·
Registered
4 Posts
How hot is it where you live? Are you parking your car in the shade? Is the rear vent under the middle-rear seat unobstructed? Doing some research on this issue it seems it has been various issues for people without a pinpoint resolution. One guy on reddit even had rodents chewing on wires that caused this error. Others were just living in hot areas. Sorry I am not much help, just trying to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
581 Posts
Agree with above comments ^

Can you install a Bluetooth-based OBD-2 scanner so that this new error message can be instantly picked up when it appears?

If you still can drive it, that’s an indication that the problem is at low priority.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This is mine. It has happened to me like 5 times now. All on road trips. Each time it has happened to me has been during very spirited driving where my mpg is in the 20s. Fast acceleration, constant 3 digit speeds for long periods of time, coupled with hot outside temperatures. Your hybrid battery would get extremely hot that I personally think it can explode or catch fire. And all I do is slow down and the car will cool down. I have never ever pulled over or stopped when this message came up. It has come up only on my road trips and only when I am going very fast. Each time it has ever come up, all I do is slow down. Then it goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hot is it where you live? Are you parking your car in the shade? Is the rear vent under the middle-rear seat unobstructed? Doing some research on this issue it seems it has been various issues for people without a pinpoint resolution. One guy on reddit even had rodents chewing on wires that caused this error. Others were just living in hot areas. Sorry I am not much help, just trying to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
It is happening in morning when temperature is at 80F. I am so fed up of this error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree with above comments ^

Can you install a Bluetooth-based OBD-2 scanner so that this new error message can be instantly picked up when it appears?

If you still can drive it, that’s an indication that the problem is at low priority.
Thanks ziyang. Yesterday Check engine light turned on. Dealer had to change the hybrid battery last time and now i am over 36,000 miles. Hybrid battery is covered for 80,000 miles, but going thorough this all is so frustrating.
I am not going to buy honda again. Worst car ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is mine. It has happened to me like 5 times now. All on road trips. Each time it has happened to me has been during very spirited driving where my mpg is in the 20s. Fast acceleration, constant 3 digit speeds for long periods of time, coupled with hot outside temperatures. Your hybrid battery would get extremely hot that I personally think it can explode or catch fire. And all I do is slow down and the car will cool down. I have never ever pulled over or stopped when this message came up. It has come up only on my road trips and only when I am going very fast. Each time it has ever come up, all I do is slow down. Then it goes away.
I drive like in 40 - 60 mph range on my way to work. Did check engine light ever turned on ? Have you taken your car to a dealer? Whats their response on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts