Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Accord V6 EX 2 door Automatic.
For a few months now both driver and passenger side windows (mainly passenger) will randomly try to roll up all by themselves. This even happens when the windows are rolled up all the way, I know this because you will hear it trying to roll up, and when you try to roll them down it wont do anything. after a little bit you can finally roll the window down.

Now about 2 weeks ago my passenger side window finally went out so I bought a new motor/regulator and installed it. After a few days the passenger side window is doing it again.

I can't tell what specifically is bad, I have been told there may be a central control unit that controls both windows and that may be bad or the power window switch may be bad, most likely the switch cluster on the driver side door

Since these can be fairly expensive parts to purchase can anyone provide me a more definitive way of determining what is causing this issue.

My car has 149K miles on it and would like to keep it running to reach the 250K mark..

· Elvira
4,388 Posts

· Elvira
4,388 Posts
i'll try that tomorrow, unfortunately it isn't something that I will know right away if it fixes it.
The price is right though.

It just might fix it. It sounds like the window doesn't know it's rolled up and this procedure readjusts the position. Think of it as resetting the "home" position.

Good Luck:yes:

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I performed the tasks as stated in the instructions, Now it is just sit back and wait to see if it happens again.

I am going to assume it is going to happen again because I can see how that may work for the drivers side but since the passenger side does not have auto up/down function to it, I dont see it working. but we will see.

· Carpe Diem
3,160 Posts
Are you 100% sure the harness connector is seated properly under the drivers side door switch? I took my door panel off once and apparently didn't plug the harness back in all the way and my power locks and windows went bonkers. I reseated the connector and all went back to normal. Since the driver side door switch controls all the windows, that sounds like the culprit to me. You might want to replace it if all else fails.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just did try Miker solution and it's already proven not to work.

IketheGreat when you say the door switch, I took it out the other week (after this has been going on for a few months) cleaned it up with alcohol and reinstalled it.
Unless you are referring to something else I doubt that is it or at least not the reseating portion.

Anyone know of a good place to find a driver door switch for under $100

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just took the switch off and cleaned the connectors and discovered that the plastic switch is actually broken. Time for a new one it looks like. So far the cheapest I found was rockauto for $131.
If anyone knows of any cheaper I would be extremely happy to listen

· Elvira
4,388 Posts
Just took the switch off and cleaned the connectors and discovered that the plastic switch is actually broken. Time for a new one it looks like. So far the cheapest I found was rockauto for $131.
glad to see you found the problem.

· Old DriveAccord Soul
2,154 Posts
Yes, eBay, car-parts.com, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.