Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just a little curious about the premium audio system in the EX models. I've done an aftermarket radio install on an LX-S 8th gen but is it the same for the EX? is there any amp bypass harness for the 8th gen? Would it make the premium audio system sound even better?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm unsure, however, in my '09 EX-L, the sound system is fantastic for a basic sound system, exceeded my expectations for a Honda, I thought I would have to buy a new sound system, but it's really quite good. Still might upgrade my sound system after some other mods.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm unsure, however, in my '09 EX-L, the sound system is fantastic for a basic sound system, exceeded my expectations for a Honda, I thought I would have to buy a new sound system, but it's really quite good. Still might upgrade my sound system after some other mods.
yea i know its decent but i wanted to install just a double din headunit for navigation and music features. i just looked it up on metra. has anyone used the metra 70-1730 harness for a headunit install? any experiences/problems with it?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I'm using a Metra harness and dash kit, don't know the part numbers off the top of my head. I thought the factory system, even the premium audio, s ucked. Factory sub is a joke and mids and highs are muddy. It's better than some other factory systems I've had but not even close to a $500 system.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using a Metra harness and dash kit, don't know the part numbers off the top of my head. I thought the factory system, even the premium audio, s ucked. Factory sub is a joke and mids and highs are muddy. It's better than some other factory systems I've had but not even close to a $500 system.
so you are using an aftermarket headunit with your stock speakers? does the harness work well? i often hear of problems when using aftermarket headunits with oem amplifiers.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
What kind of AMP are you using?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have a Clarion head unit and JL HD600/4 amp. Front two channels are driving Focal components and rear two are bridged to a JL sub. Rear speakers are run off the head unit and only used for movies, they're turned off in the head unit for music.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts