Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly December 31st will be the absolute best day to purchase an Accord for the cheapest price.

I'm looking to buy an 2013 Accord V6.

According to TrueCar, the '13 V6's estimated price is $26.3K.

How low do you think a dealer would go?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Let us know.

Jay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lowest truecar for the v6 I found around my area was $25,800 and emailed it to the dealer. I got mine a week before Christmas for $24,900 before taxes and fees. I think it was on the lot for awhile (like March) so they wanted to get it off the lot. Good luck!!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Supposedly December 31st will be the absolute best day to purchase an Accord for the cheapest price.

I'm looking to buy an 2013 Accord V6.

According to TrueCar, the '13 V6's estimated price is $26.3K.

How low do you think a dealer would go?
Since TrueCar is BS, sure you can get a '13 for 26.3K. That is actually ridiculously high for a '13. I paid $27 flat for a '14 and that was almost 2 months ago. Remember that a '13 will always be valued well less than the same '14 with same mileage on any given day that you sell or trade in, probably 2000-2500 less. So you'd better get a dang good deal on a '13. I'd say 26.5 for a '14 and 24-something for a '13. All before TTL.

Eh, seriously?
Sure you can offer. Offer them $15k actually. And then stand back and watch them laugh at you.

Don't be a fool. You'll ruin your credibility in one fell swoop by doing something like that. You gotta show you know a realistic but low price and are willing to buy today.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Haha, yeah, but do you need credibility at a car dealer? :lmao: Some of them will deal and some won't, so it all really depends. You could offer them $15k, and then laugh, and say 'yeah, that's what I'd like to pay! How low can you go to get this car out the door today?'.

Remember that really old negotiation rule "Whoever names a price first loses!" If you can get them to name a lower price than MSRP to start, you already have a little edge. How much they come off MSRP gives you an idea of how flexible they are.

Some dealers will have cars they really want to move and some probably won't care. When I bought the PHEV I had a quote for 'invoice price' that was supposedly an Edmunds guaranteed online price. That dealer wouldn't talk about any price except MSRP when I arrived. A dealer 10 minutes away that I walked in to cold was able to come down ~$2500 after we haggled for a while.

I'd go to a dealer with a low price you like and see if they will come down. If they aren't coming down at all, it's time to look for another dealer.

·
4,339 Posts
You will not get the lowest price by waking in to the dealership, use the internet quote machine.

Jay

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have two dealers trying to get me in today for a '13 coupe EXL I-4. Black or Still Night, 23,550 before TTL and trade in MA.

Dont know if thats much help...seems to me like its a good deal. I know i have equity in my trade (2012 civic) so that will make a difference to you as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One dealer in NC got the V6 coupe down to $25.8K.

I've decided to not purchase today so I can make a bigger downpayment and have lower monthly payments.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that the 2013's are a year old, would dealers be more willing to give you a better deal. I've read conflicting things on this (either the prices remain the same or they are considered used cars, which drops the prices)

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
They're not used cars. The dealers will of course give you a better price than the 14s! But how much better is the question, and it think there seem to be limits. They don't seem to just fire sale them and lose money, so then the question is if you are saving enough to compensate you for the fact that your car will always be worth a lot less than the same 14 with same mileage on any given day

·
4,339 Posts
They're not used cars. The dealers will of course give you a better price than the 14s! But how much better is the question, and it think there seem to be limits. They don't seem to just fire sale them and lose money, so then the question is if you are saving enough to compensate you for the fact that your car will always be worth a lot less than the same 14 with same mileage on any given day
Correct. The dealer is going to only do so much. Most of the discount you see on 13's is a Honda incentive. At some point Honda is going to turn them off.

Jay

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Correct. The dealer is going to only do so much. Most of the discount you see on 13's is a Honda incentive. At some point Honda is going to turn them off.

Jay
Yes because Honda wants to preserve the price of all Accords. So they don't want fire sales. Someone will buy them. There will always be a sucka who thinks they're getting a sweet deal by saving $500 and the salesman will show them it is the same car '13 vs '14.

This was the problem with American cars. They overbuilt and always had too much inventory, so they'd always have to put a lot of incentive money on them to move them. Once you teach the dog to expect the incentive, then he will never buy at a normal price. Honda and Toyota do a much better job of inventory management in general.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts