Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

8301 - 8320 of 8337 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice. You got a deal!
Was that the asking price or did you work them down?
They were asking $21,500, I asked for $1000 off and we met in the middle. I normally haggle way better, but my GF was with me and we had some time-sensitive errands we had to get to. Also, I didn't want to risk another buyer swooping in and paying the asking price. The car was listed for less than an hour when I found it (I had an email alert setup), and I drove out 2 hours immediately to take a look at the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys! I'm looking at purchasing a 2015 v6 6AT Touring with 75k for $15000 from a local dealer. Hows that price sound to you?

Also, what is everyone's opinions on buying a car with 75k on the odometer? That means the timing belt is coming up soon, is it fair to try and negoitate that work into the price somehow. What's that work cost a dealership?

Are there any known issues with the v6, 6AT or all of the technology inside of the car?

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
They were asking $21,500, I asked for $1000 off and we met in the middle. I normally haggle way better, but my GF was with me and we had some time-sensitive errands we had to get to. Also, I didn't want to risk another buyer swooping in and paying the asking price. The car was listed for less than an hour when I found it (I had an email alert setup), and I drove out 2 hours immediately to take a look at the car.
They didn’t want to haggle on mine either — they came up on my trade-in instead. They also knew exactly what they had.
Wondering if space coast Honda knew they were sitting on a unicorn?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wondering if space coast Honda knew they were sitting on a unicorn?
Oh, they knew, all right, no less than three sales guys came up to me while I was waiting for the licensing paperwork to tell me how rare car was.

Also, what is everyone's opinions on buying a car with 75k on the odometer?
That's a little high in my opinion, both in miles & price. But then again, in 2015 I bought an '06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT w/ 70K on the odometer for $12K out the door. However, The Eclipse didn't have fancy electronics to break, it had a reliable iron block V6 & I had the money set aside to do the timing belt + new tires within the first few months.

I still have my Eclipse, it's at 130K miles now, so I've averaged 10K miles per year for 5 years during my ownership. I've replaced wheel bearings, brake rotors & calipers, brake pads, suspension (coilovers), end links, bushings, spark plugs, timing belt, catalytic converters, AC compressor & condenser, radiator, lightbulbs everywhere, intake & exhaust.

Some were optional and some were necessary. I've put about $5K into the car since purchasing it, which seems alot, but it's only about $100 a month including oil changes, which isn't too bad I think. Just keep a car fund set aside and add to it every month, to address issues as they crop up, & you'll be fine.

·
ACCORD COUPE 2.4 2016
7 Posts
In December I bought a metallic grey 2016 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Manual w/ 25k miles for $26000 from Space Coast Honda in Florida.

That's including tax, title, license, full inspection, all new fluids including coolant, new tires, extended factory warranty, bi-yearly auto butler service, roadside assistance, & a coupon book with enough free oil changes to last 3 years.

I've been looking for this car for 3 years and got exactly what I hoped for: low miles, pristine condition, not modified in anyway, purchased from Honda dealer, and I got it in my favorite color too!
Good for you, man! I got 2016 CVT Coupe for several months, and been thinking about v6 6mt as probably the best option ever. Do you like it?

Purchased on 13th of 2019 wrecked Accord Coupe 2016 CVT 2.4 with around 30K mileage for 5150$. It took me 7 months to deliver and fix everything with total price of around 19.000$. Love the car but thinking about 6 speed v6, but not sure if it worth buying one again with financial point. Still, love it, great car anyways, drove around 2000 miles so far. Gas Mileage is around 18 mpg city (12l/100km) and around 25-30mpg highway with around 75-80miles per hour

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good for you, man! I got 2016 CVT Coupe for several months, and been thinking about v6 6mt as probably the best option ever. Do you like it?
No, I don't like it. I love it! You're king of the road when you get behind this beast. A confident machine capable of great power, yet refined & always in control.

Switching from my DD ('06 Eclipse GT, which is low, loud & proud) to this car, makes me want to shine up my shoes and put on my best jacket before going out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMG_20200104_121222.jpg IMG_20200103_140413.jpg

Just upgraded from a 1994 Toyota Corolla base model. I've gotta say I absolutely love this Accord. It came with the Obsidian Blue Pearl paint job and windows that seem tinted to the legal limit. My wife loves the heated seats and my kids have enough leg room to stop kicking me in the back all the time. I've already added the OEM Honda cargo net in the back and am getting ready to put in some OEM all-weather floor mats too. I'm still waiting on my EXLed kit to upgrade the interior and trunk lights.

I bought the extended warranty for my Accord because my last 3 used cars forced me to give them up when the repair bills exceeded the value of the car. My 1994 Corolla needed a new engine that was going to cost me $3500 to get replaced!

I've already had to take my car back to AutoNation once to have them replace the blower motor because the bearing went bad and was squealing but they gave me no hassle and charged me $0.00 thanks to their 90 day, 4000 mile, zero deductible warranty. Overall I am super satisfied and looking forward to many years of pleasant driving in my 2017 Accord Sport SE.

Sedan
4 Cylinder
Spokane, WA (AutoNation Acura Spokane Valley)
Sport Special Edition
CVT
47,034 Miles
Purchased January 3rd, 2020
$16,991 Sticker Price
$479.00 - 60 Month Theft Protection ($2500 benefit, covers Ins. Deductible and the rest is paid to me)
$1,918.15 - TTL (includes tax on extras)
$19,388.15 OTD

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,309
3,202.00 - 60 Month, 40,000 Mile Warranty
505.00 - 6 Full Synthetic Oil Changes
445.00 - 36 Month Tire & Wheel Protection (came with those sweet 19 inch Honda rims and brand new Nexen All-Season tires)
399.00 - 36 Month Cosmetic Wheel Protection
479.00 - 60 Month Theft Protection
895.00 - 78 Month GAP Protection
:eek:
?‍♂

·
Registered
18 Posts
View attachment 518108 View attachment 518109

Just upgraded from a 1994 Toyota Corolla base model. I've gotta say I absolutely love this Accord. It came with the Obsidian Blue Pearl paint job and windows that seem tinted to the legal limit. My wife loves the heated seats and my kids have enough leg room to stop kicking me in the back all the time. I've already added the OEM Honda cargo net in the back and am getting ready to put in some OEM all-weather floor mats too. I'm still waiting on my EXLed kit to upgrade the interior and trunk lights.

I bought the extended warranty for my Accord because my last 3 used cars forced me to give them up when the repair bills exceeded the value of the car. My 1994 Corolla needed a new engine that was going to cost me $3500 to get replaced!

I've already had to take my car back to AutoNation once to have them replace the blower motor because the bearing went bad and was squealing but they gave me no hassle and charged me $0.00 thanks to their 90 day, 4000 mile, zero deductible warranty. Overall I am super satisfied and looking forward to many years of pleasant driving in my 2017 Accord Sport SE.

Sedan
4 Cylinder
Spokane, WA (AutoNation Acura Spokane Valley)
Sport Special Edition
CVT
47,034 Miles
Purchased January 3rd, 2020
$16,991 Sticker Price
25,188.10 OTD
Miscellaneous:
2,272.10 - TTL (includes tax on extras)
3,202.00 - 60 Month, 40,000 Mile Warranty
505.00 - 6 Full Synthetic Oil Changes
445.00 - 36 Month Tire & Wheel Protection (came with those sweet 19 inch Honda rims and brand new Nexen All-Season tires)
399.00 - 36 Month Cosmetic Wheel Protection
479.00 - 60 Month Theft Protection
895.00 - 78 Month GAP Protection
Bruh.

You spent like 1/3 the sticker price of your car on an extended warranty.

If I were you I would seriously consider going back to dealer and getting out of these service contracts - usually there's no penalty if you cancel within 60 days of signing.
It is VERY unlikely you will spend that amount of money on repairs during the term of the warranty, especially considering the overlap with the factory powertrain warranty.
If it weren't that way service contracts/extended warranties wouldn't be profitable for the companies that sell them. If you really need the peace of mind, you can buy service contracts from third parties that are way less pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bruh.

You spent like 1/3 the sticker price of your car on an extended warranty.

If I were you I would seriously consider going back to dealer and getting out of these service contracts - usually there's no penalty if you cancel within 60 days of signing.
It is VERY unlikely you will spend that amount of money on repairs during the term of the warranty, especially considering the overlap with the factory powertrain warranty.
If it weren't that way service contracts/extended warranties wouldn't be profitable for the companies that sell them. If you really need the peace of mind, you can buy service contracts from third parties that are way less pricey.
I am still considering it myself, 60-day cancellation is correct. It did seem a bit steep but I've always had bad luck with my cars, although I've never had one this new. I do have 13,000 miles left on the Honda powetrain warranty. This is my first Honda, do you really think they're reliable enough to forgo the extended warranty?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2017 LX sedan that had come back off a lease. It has 27K miles on it and it has the Honda certified warranty through 100K on the powertrain. I decided not to spend the money on the Sport or the EX-L as I drive 20-25K miles a year and will probably trade it in once the it hits 100K for another lease return. I paid $16,900 OTD for everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am still considering it myself, 60-day cancellation is correct. It did seem a bit steep but I've always had bad luck with my cars, although I've never had one this new. I do have 13,000 miles left on the Honda powetrain warranty. This is my first Honda, do you really think they're reliable enough to forgo the extended warranty?
I think if you really need the peace of mind you can find a much better deal on an extended warranty . . . like maybe 1/2 the price. Shop around.

I always keep a pretty healthy emergency fund, so if I was in your position I would just take the monthly amount that would have gone to the warranties and put it into savings.
Statistically speaking, you are better off saving the money that would go to the premiums -- otherwise the warranty wouldn't be profitable.

My last car was a Honda Fit that I took from 0-98K miles with regular maintenance and a new set of tires. YMMV. Any catastrophic powertrain failure is very very unlikely to happen before 100K miles in a Honda.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is a CPO 2017 Accord LX with 26.5k miles for $15.9k plus tax and fees good? One owner, lease return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got a 2017 Sedan EXL i4 with 33k miles with the CVT for 15,500 OTD.

Was a real clean lease that got turned in, pretty happy tbh.

NY but not NYC!

·
Registered
17 EXL - V6 CBP
3 Posts
Looking to exercise the purchase option on my 2017 EX-L V-6 at Lease end in 60-days. Curr ODO: 25k Residual Value is set at: $17,242.20 + 8% NYS Tax: $1,379.36 + Re-Title $50 = $18,671.56
Does anyone there any other "Doc Fees"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think if you really need the peace of mind you can find a much better deal on an extended warranty . . . like maybe 1/2 the price. Shop around.

I always keep a pretty healthy emergency fund, so if I was in your position I would just take the monthly amount that would have gone to the warranties and put it into savings.
Statistically speaking, you are better off saving the money that would go to the premiums -- otherwise the warranty wouldn't be profitable.

My last car was a Honda Fit that I took from 0-98K miles with regular maintenance and a new set of tires. YMMV. Any catastrophic powertrain failure is very very unlikely to happen before 100K miles in a Honda.
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and cancelled all of the extras except for the Theft Coverage which was actually pretty generous. In the end I even cancelled the GAP coverage because it was really just the extras that had put me upside down on the loan.

8301 - 8320 of 8337 Posts