Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

8321 - 8326 of 8326 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think if you really need the peace of mind you can find a much better deal on an extended warranty . . . like maybe 1/2 the price. Shop around.

I always keep a pretty healthy emergency fund, so if I was in your position I would just take the monthly amount that would have gone to the warranties and put it into savings.
Statistically speaking, you are better off saving the money that would go to the premiums -- otherwise the warranty wouldn't be profitable.

My last car was a Honda Fit that I took from 0-98K miles with regular maintenance and a new set of tires. YMMV. Any catastrophic powertrain failure is very very unlikely to happen before 100K miles in a Honda.
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and cancelled all of the extras except for the Theft Coverage which was actually pretty generous. In the end I even cancelled the GAP coverage because it was really just the extras that had put me upside down on the loan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and cancelled all of the extras except for the Theft Coverage which was actually pretty generous. In the end I even cancelled the GAP coverage because it was really just the extras that had put me upside down on the loan.
Great! And you'll pay it off that much faster.
Then you can put the extra money toward a down payment on a gently used Type R ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
2017 Accord EXL I4
24000 miles
Silver
$17300 price of the car, haven't paid the tax yet. This was a lease car from FL that I had shipped to OH. Still looks and smells brand new.

8321 - 8326 of 8326 Posts