Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
8381 - 8400 of 8423 Posts

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,381 ·
there’s also a 2017 coupe exl-v6 (not touring) with 13k miles and it’s for 27$
FYI: $27,000 is what people were paying for it back in 2017 as a new car if it's without navigation.

That's a ridiculous price, but such is the current used car market. I wouldn't pay that much for one. But if you really want it....

yeah, really, $20k with 22k on the meter. 8,000mi isn't worth an additional $7000+. That one's in NC but it was 30sec of searching. What I'm saying is if you're going to pay those prices, you're getting ripped.
🤦‍♂️

That is a salvage vehicle. Read the Carfax

Salvage vehicle ≠ Accident-free vehicle

$20,000 for a salvage vehicle is even a worse deal, IMO.

Screenshot Font Software Parallel Web page

Font Screenshot Parallel Software Rectangle

·
Registered
118 Posts
I paid $14.5 k for a 2013 Ex-l v6 with 55k miles in excellent garaged condition in May of last year in a private party sale. One year later, even with the craziness that allowed us to get silly money for my son’s and wife’s cast off cars, hitting $20k on an accord of this generation is paying too much. You can buy a brand new 2021 Civic ex for $24k.

·
Registered
322 Posts
When we bought our 17 Accord Sport SE we paid $20,500 + TTL. At the time this car stickered at just under 28K, and we happen to buy the 2nd last 9th gen on the lot (this was 3 days before the 18s hit the lot) glad it worked out the way it did!

·
Registered
2013 Accord Sport Sedan 6MT
2 Posts
Just bought my 2nd 9th gen sedan, a 2013 Sport 6 speed with 93k for 13.5k. Definitely overpaid relative to my last one due to covid pricing (2013 LX 6 speed sedan I got for $8500 with 120k in Nov 2019) but I did miss having one, and it is overall a better car than the 2013 Ford Focus I had in the interim.

·
Banned
2017 Accord EX-L
38 Posts
2017 EX-L without Nav. 18,600 miles.Clean CARFAX-2 owners- $20700. Love it. Got a new windshield,windows tinted,new tires,new battery. Carvana and Carmax will give me $3000 more for it now.CRAZY TIMES!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Car

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord EX-L 4 Door; 2003 Honda Accord EX 4 Door; 1994 Honda Accord LX 4 Door
15 Posts
I paid $15,800 for 2017 Honda Accord V6 EX-L Salvage title on September 15, 2021. Taxes and fees were an additional $1500. It had 24,800 miles on it. I hope I didn't overpay.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $17k April 2018 2015 Accord EXL navigation V6 auto six speed. Steal midnight pearl with black leather interior @ 32k miles. Added Apple car play is all and in mint condition.

I currently have 99k miles.
I am seeing an exemly high sale prices.
Like I could ask what I paid.
Input on what I could get. Keep in mind I am in Florida higher income areas.
Thank you m all!!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Banned
2017 Accord EX-L
38 Posts
I paid $17k April 2018 2015 Accord EXL navigation V6 auto six speed. Steal midnight pearl with black leather interior @ 32k miles. Added Apple car play is all and in mint condition.

I currently have 99k miles.
I am seeing an exemly high sale prices.
Like I could ask what I paid.
Input on what I could get. Keep in mind I am in Florida higher income areas.
Thank you m all!! View attachment 535410
View attachment 535409
Keep it.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Reason why to keep? I mean I get the letter from Honda every quarter offering to buy back but thought they was fake. I mean if I can get top dollar now why not? Do you think these Honda’s will gain more value soon?
thank you!!
If you don't have to replace the sold car then it can be a real win for you "if" you can get a cash offer. It is all relative though, they give you top $ for the trade in then turn around & sell you the new car far above the MSRP. This just happened to a friends wife, she traded in her low mileage CRV & bought a new Accord, top $ on the trade in but she paid 5K over MSRP on the new Accord (EX-L). Each deal is different though, buyer be aware.

Reactions: atljesse

·
Banned
2017 Accord EX-L
38 Posts
Reason why to keep? I mean I get the letter from Honda every quarter offering to buy back but thought they was fake. I mean if I can get top dollar now why not? Do you think these Honda’s will gain more value soon?
thank you!!
Well,it might be a great time to sell a car,but if you have to replace it,it will cost you a lot. it's a sellers market right now. Just like houses.

·
Read Only
6 Posts
Sep 20, 2012

I'll come back to this thread when I make it official. This should help give everyone, an idea of what is possible, NOW.

I contacted several dealers for a Coupe EX-L Navi AT, so far, I have an offer from one Dealer of $500.00 below MSRP + No Doc Fees.

Every Dealer I contacted used the same basic sales tactic, it's gonna be impossible to get one early for less than MSRP (BS my friends), I counter with the fact, that the Accord is a Mass produced vehicle, not a Limited_Special_Edition_Low Production Run, if they want my Money they must present me with a price somewhere in between Invoice & MSRP, considering it's early on in the production run, later, when lot's start filling up, then it's all about Invoice.

I understand the Leverage of Dealers, VS, I gotta have it now customers, it always occurs in the first few weeks or sometimes months, but I can wait or find another Dealer or maybe a Different Manufacturer. I make sure they understand my position.

I'm gonna visit them this afternoon because they said they will be putting in their orders for Coupes on Friday (Sept. 20th), I'm also gonna recontact other Dealers Today with My offer and see where it goes.
I bought a 2015 V6 coupe with 56 K miles (EXL) FOR 19,900. Prices have gone up

·
Hondaphile since 2001
2014 EXL V6, pearl white metallic, custom wheels & wing
28 Posts
I paid $16,790 for our CPO 2014 Accord EX-L V6 sedan in November 2019. It had 53,218 miles on it. It's now paid off and I've ordered a set of custom wheels and a deck spoiler to make it fully mine. And a little more distinctive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I paid 9800.00 back in April 2021 for my Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl
46,000 miles on it exterior and interior are like new.
Has a salvaged title but I could care less, I feel like I stole this car at that price.
The seller wanted 11,000 but I ended up offering cash in hand and they came down you could tell the car had just been sitting in their drive way not being driven so I understand why they just wanted to get rid of it. Have put about 3,000 miles on it since April and drives like a dream.
I know a guy who just dropped 26,000 when it's all said and done after financing for a 2016 Toyota Camry ex with 66,000 miles on it I guess different strokes for different folks but I would never buy from a dealer. Especially in this market.
I had to buy a new battery...
This car is my first new vehicle and I am so happy with it.
Have new amsoil transmission fluid and signature series oil I'm changing out this week and this car is going to last me a long time.
I've contemplated selling it in today's market but then I would have to buy something else and it suits my family well so I'm going to keep it. I know I wouldn't find a deal like this again I just lucked out and struck gold.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Straight flexin' I love my car 49,000 miles Luxury edition all leather great sound system drives like a boss. 9800.00 in cash pre COVID market bullshit. Super happy you won't find a better deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
March 2021 , purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Touring edition V6 with Nav and all the bells and whistles available. (only bought the touring because it was the V6) had almost 17K miles on it. near perfect condition for $24200 off of Vroom.

(A little side note) while the car is great, that was the first time i bought a vehicle using an online dealer, that will also be the last time I use Vroom - customer service was horrible, after you receive the car -you are pretty much on your own for any questions, concerns or issues. Dumb on my part to look up reviews about Vroom only after I made the purchase too lol. )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just paid 10.5k for a 2013 Honda Accord Sport with 107k Miles and clean title on 11/08/2021, needed the car and it was the best deal I could find after looking for like 3 months, I drove it a little and scanned with a serious computer and didn't find any code in any of the modules of the car so I bought it.

But after buying it I found that the only thing wrong with the car is that previous owners never did the CVT TSB under warranty or any oil change SIGH.

I did a drain and fill even before start using the car and will do a second CVT oil change then bring the car to a dealer to update the transmission software for $150, another dealer wanted $350 for the update even if the TSB says it takes 0.2 Hours >_>.

Then I will do the third oil change and replace the warmer filter, I hope the jutter at low speeds get reduced with all that and if not I will just leave with it since dealers want around 2k to do the valve job.

And on June we paid 12.5k for a 2014 EXL with 74k miles and clean title, that was a better deal since all maintenance was done on the lock and all records appeared in Carfax. We had to buy 2 cars this year because a Corolla 2019 with 30K miles we had got rear ended and totaled by a guy without insurance, hurray South Florida.

8381 - 8400 of 8423 Posts