Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
8401 - 8420 of 8423 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
After I totaled my Corolla (rainy, worn-out tires, no ABS, lost control, RIP), I'm in the process of purchasing a 2015 EX-L Coupe V6 Automatic from Carvana with 44.7k miles on it for $20,995. Clean title, clean carfax, but I am going to take advantage of their 7-day money back guarantee if my mechanic (Dad) or I find any serious problems. From what I've heard and read and watched about the brand, I'm excited. I've never had a car with a push-button starter before. Or power seats. Or built-in bluetooth. Or "sport mode". Or ABS. Mainly because I couldn't afford it before. Maybe now I can finally escape the "basic bitch white girl Corolla" stigma. (...yeah, right. :p)

It'll be in Nashville for pickup on Thursday. This time, I'm gonna do it right. I'm looking up videos on how to check the oil and transmission fluid, and perform basic maintenance, and make sure I have good tires this time, damnit. I'm hoping this car can last me at least 15 years. I'll update y'all if I end up buying it.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Grille

·
Registered
25 Posts
After I totaled my Corolla (rainy, worn-out tires, no ABS, lost control, RIP), I'm in the process of purchasing a 2015 EX-L Coupe V6 Automatic from Carvana with 44.7k miles on it for $20,995. Clean title, clean carfax, but I am going to take advantage of their 7-day money back guarantee if my mechanic (Dad) or I find any serious problems. From what I've heard and read and watched about the brand, I'm excited. I've never had a car with a push-button starter before. Or power seats. Or built-in bluetooth. Or "sport mode". Or ABS. Mainly because I couldn't afford it before. Maybe now I can finally escape the "basic bitch white girl Corolla" stigma. (...yeah, right. :p)

It'll be in Nashville for pickup on Thursday. This time, I'm gonna do it right. I'm looking up videos on how to check the oil and transmission fluid, and perform basic maintenance, and make sure I have good tires this time, damnit. I'm hoping this car can last me at least 15 years.

View attachment 536748
Nice, with only 44k you should be able to take it all the way to 200k with proper maintenance, those v6 are good relievable engines. Since you are buying from Carvana did you buy their extended warranty? I have heard people that buys their warranty and after receiving the car they take it to the dealer and tell them to do everything the car needs and then they just bill Carvana and you pay 0$, the first thing I would do is 1 drain / fill of transmission fluid and since it is a V6 you should keep in mind the timing belt, it is a 7 years old car so you may want to do that job in 4-5 years before hitting the 100k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice, with only 44k you should be able to take it all the way to 200k with proper maintenance, those v6 are good relievable engines. Since you are buying from Carvana did you buy their extended warranty? I have heard people that buys their warranty and after receiving the car they take it to the dealer and tell them to do everything the car needs and then they just bill Carvana and you pay 0$, the first thing I would do is 1 drain / fill of transmission fluid and since it is a V6 you should keep in mind the timing belt, it is a 7 years old car so you may want to do that job in 4-5 years before hitting the 100k.
I'm actually gonna try to learn how to do most of the maintenance myself, asking Dad only as a crutch, or if I need to use his shop jack. :p

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,404 ·
Nice, with only 44k you should be able to take it all the way to 200k with proper maintenance, those v6 are good relievable engines.
:unsure: Iris Caldor is probably relieved to know this.

I'm actually gonna try to learn how to do most of the maintenance myself, asking Dad only as a crutch, or if I need to use his shop jack. :p
YouTube. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do basic maintenance and repairs yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
$26,000 + TTL for my "used" '17 Touring V6 with just over 1k on the clock from a local Chevrolet dealer in Jan. 2017. Salesman stated it was owned by an older man who claimed it rode too "rough" and traded for an Impala after 4 months. Must be nice. Caught it the day it was listed before they even had pics up or did any market research lol. Honda dealers wanted the same amount for '16 CPOs with 30k+ on the clock. Crazy to think how close I can still get to that price 5 years and nearly 40k later.

·
Honda My Religion
2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT (Canadian Model)
19 Posts
coupe
v6
Toronto
Canadian EX-L (Led headlights and drl)
Manual
$11.5k USD / $14.5k CAD
$11.65k USD / $14.7k CAD
95,000 miles / 150000 kms
Tints

·
Registered
3 Posts

[...] I'll update y'all if I end up buying it.

Well, it's finally here, finally mine, after a couple of delays on Carvana's side.
It's pretty nice. I'm still learning to handle the 3.5L V6 after my corolla's dinky little 1.8L 4-cyl. When I press down, it gets up and GOES, but I otherwise I kinda feel like I'm fighting with it to keep it at city speeds, because the engine braking is so powerful at lower gears. This thing really wants to go fast.

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
279 Posts
Finally got my 2017 Coupe Touring ( Lease Purchase )
17K CAD aka 13K USD
37 Kms aka 23K miles

No pushing for any new car, inspection and thank you

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: mcesar84

·
Registered
63 Posts
Happy New Owner of a 2017 Accord Touring V6. The last year of the V6s.

Bought the new Honda after the old 2008 Accord 4 banger was in a 7 car pileup. Totaled. I also have a C7 Corvette but you cannot daily drive a Corvette.

Got this 2017 Accord thinking it would be a boring replacement for my old Honda. Boy was I surprised!

Ironically, the first owner was an older man, a Texas A&M Alum, how do I know? The A&M Logo and color is in the pinstriping! Will take some time to remove it.

I picked this up for $24k with 26k miles and an Extended Warranty that goes on forever! Even the tires have a warranty!

Since then I have done all maintenance, put on a Cold Air Intake, OBX Cat Back Exhaust, PCDs, J-Pipe and I have K-Tuner on the way! Also, have bought a rear Spoiler (w/ Brake light), Lower Carbon Fiber front Air Dam.

This car is some kind of fun! Hope to make a few laps around the race track. Sounds weird, right? You don't see many Hondas on the Race Track but this ride is coming along and I should be able to do a Track Day by this summer.

Stay Tuned....

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up a 2013 EX-L in Thailand, single owner in almost excellent shape for $15.5 with 70k miles. Has the Modulo package and the 18" sport wheels (I think the latter is an upgrade). This engine is the lower power 170hp 2.4L with a 5-speed AT. I spotted only the driver door as having been repainted, but you have a very keen eye to tell.

Seems most folks got a much better deal than I did, but that's ok, and I'm quite sure it's a fair price for Thailand, seeing how a new top of the line Accord goes for around $45K. You can't find many used Accords in Thailand (at least none that I would be interested in).

Most people buy a Camry if they want a car this size, but you can't really compare the two IMHO. I compared the ride to the new Civic RS and while the civic was a bit quicker and twice the price, the Accord is far quieter and absorbs bumps very well, handles fine.

I bought from a highly regarded Expat used car dealer and it does come with a month bumper to bumper warranty and 1 year drivetrain warranty. Thai used car dealers are not to be trusted

That said, there was shaking in park with the AC on, and my motor mounts were toast. I had a full inspection at a large Honda dealership, went so far as to ask them to remove and clean the throttle body, so the mounts, spec fluids, and extra work cost me another $500 (cheap). Maybe the expat auto folks will cut me a few hundred bucks of a break, but i was a bit disappointed they didn't catch the motor mounts - it was easy to see the LF engine mount was toast.

There is no "perfect car" for here in Chiang Mai as roads are often very narrow. Comfort, power, and mass (safety and "Road Authority") comes with added length and maybe 4" more width - most folks drive compact but gutless toyotas and hondas, and I want as much torque as i can get with higher level ride and interior comforts. Quickness is a safety factor here, and if i bang up a side panel or two, it only costs $100 to re-spray it. If electronics wear out and have to be replaced, no big deal, it's 9 years old.

The sideview camera is awesome for Thailand as I can easily see scooters in my blind spot and avoid them - even our new Toyota Fortuner doesn't have such a system (and its a very powerful but quite firm ride).

All in all I'm digging it, it fits my primary needs with minimal tradeoff at a relatively cheap price. Here, the only car it compares with in terms of comfort is a 3-series BMW I think (but of course the BMW has far more power and expenses).
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats!
Just picked up a 2013 EX-L in Thailand, single owner in almost excellent shape for $15.5 with 70k miles. Has the Modulo package and the 18" sport wheels (I think the latter is an upgrade). This engine is the lower power 170hp 2.4L with a 5-speed AT. I spotted only the driver door as having been repainted, but you have a very keen eye to tell.

Seems most folks got a much better deal than I did, but that's ok, and I'm quite sure it's a fair price for Thailand, seeing how a new top of the line Accord goes for around $45K. You can't find many used Accords in Thailand (at least none that I would be interested in).

Most people buy a Camry if they want a car this size, but you can't really compare the two IMHO. I compared the ride to the new Civic RS and while the civic was a bit quicker and twice the price, the Accord is far quieter and absorbs bumps very well, handles fine.

I bought from a highly regarded Expat used car dealer and it does come with a month bumper to bumper warranty and 1 year drivetrain warranty. Thai used car dealers are not to be trusted

That said, there was shaking in park with the AC on, and my motor mounts were toast. I had a full inspection at a large Honda dealership, went so far as to ask them to remove and clean the throttle body, so the mounts, spec fluids, and extra work cost me another $500 (cheap). Maybe the expat auto folks will cut me a few hundred bucks of a break, but i was a bit disappointed they didn't catch the motor mounts - it was easy to see the LF engine mount was toast.

There is no "perfect car" for here in Chiang Mai as roads are often very narrow. Comfort, power, and mass (safety and "Road Authority") comes with added length and maybe 4" more width - most folks drive compact but gutless toyotas and hondas, and I want as much torque as i can get with higher level ride and interior comforts. Quickness is a safety factor here, and if i bang up a side panel or two, it only costs $100 to re-spray it. If electronics wear out and have to be replaced, no big deal, it's 9 years old.

The sideview camera is awesome for Thailand as I can easily see scooters in my blind spot and avoid them - even our new Toyota Fortuner doesn't have such a system (and its a very powerful but quite firm ride).

All in all I'm digging it, it fits my primary needs with minimal tradeoff at a relatively cheap price. Here, the only car it compares with in terms of comfort is a 3-series BMW I think (but of course the BMW has far more power and expenses). View attachment 537630
Congrats to an Ex-Pat! When I worked overseas in Saudi we spent a month at a time and several vacations there. Quite an interesting place! Love the diving! Ko-Tao, Ko-Samuai, and so many other "ko" islands. Phucket was the preferred location to stay. Great value for $$! We always used to go with empty suitcases and come back overstuffed! Bikes are the way to get around there. They go to the front of every traffic light and then take off before all the cars.

The people are great too!

Sa'-wa't-dii!

Reactions: jstar40

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats to an Ex-Pat! When I worked overseas in Saudi we spent a month at a time and several vacations there. Quite an interesting place! Love the diving! Ko-Tao, Ko-Samuai, and so many other "ko" islands. Phucket was the preferred location to stay. Great value for $$! We always used to go with empty suitcases and come back overstuffed! Bikes are the way to get around there. They go to the front of every traffic light and then take off before all the cars.

The people are great too!

Sa'-wa't-dii!
I've spent tons of time analyzing traffic patterns, and "best" all-around vehicles for the wide varieties. It's the bloody Wild-Wild-East here - so many vehicle types driving different speeds with different intentions. Lanes don't really exist, even though they are painted - if 5 vehicles going from speeds ranging 15-80mph can fit in 3 lanes, the Thais will make it work (usually).

The vehicle I'm least likely to get into an accident with is my 2006 BMW F650GS, due to maneuverability, and torque-per-pound - it's very quick for Thailand. Top speed doesn't matter here - torque does. But of course, if I get hit... Well, not the best option.

Our Toyota Fortuner is a candidate for a side-swipe due to it's width, but it is blazing quick to get you into safe space, and is the safest vehicle we own. It has what I call "Road Authority" (Thais yield to the bigger and more expensive vehicle IMHO - my wife disagrees :).

My little Suzuki Swift has no power and no Road Authority. Not a freeway car, its a dense, slow-moving traffic city car. Sayonara, it's my wife's backroads car.

Enter the Accord. Has enough torque. Maybe 3-4 " wider than the average Thai vehicle. Comfy as hell, handles bumps great, is very quiet, is a fast lane freeway car, and has above average Road Authority. It ticks enough check boxes and I think is a decent deal at $16K (for TH).

Well, the gov't has loosened its tourism restrictions, come on out before the place is overrun with those bloody "Falangs"!

·
Registered
'17 Accord Coupe Touring V6
36 Posts
After my '03 Accord EX V6 coupe was taken out by a deer last yr found a '17 Accord Touring V6 coupe with 33,000 miles selling as CPO for $25.5K and couldn't be happier.

Kicker is I had been looking for a '16 or '17 V6 coupe for awhile being last round of a 2dr with V6 ( no 4 bangers for me ) and I planned to keep the '03 for the commute to work. Found this beauty in Reno where my Dad lives and was buying either way after he went & looked at it drove it. While working the deal the follow morning the '03 wiht 250,000 miles was put to rest thanks a deer at 5am

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord Sport - 85k miles
11 Posts
Wow these prices are crazy. I purchased my 2013 Accord Sport for like $24000 brand new in October 2012. Used 2015s are going for similar prices?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow these prices are crazy. I purchased my 2013 Accord Sport for like $24000 brand new in October 2012. Used 2015s are going for similar prices?
Yep it's insanity right now if you are in the market for a vehicle used or even new. Buddy was just at a Jeep dealer and every new car is marked up a min of 5 grand over sticker he said

·
Registered
2016 honda accord exl
1 Posts
I'm new here, just picked up a 2016 accord exl from carmax for 21k, was very happy with my purchase, given my situation, I came from a 2012 kia optima hybrid, which had alot of features, im happy to see the accord was able to almost match it or even out due it
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
After my '03 Accord EX V6 coupe was taken out by a deer last yr found a '17 Accord Touring V6 coupe with 33,000 miles selling as CPO for $25.5K and couldn't be happier.

Kicker is I had been looking for a '16 or '17 V6 coupe for awhile being last round of a 2dr with V6 ( no 4 bangers for me ) and I planned to keep the '03 for the commute to work. Found this beauty in Reno where my Dad lives and was buying either way after he went & looked at it drove it. While working the deal the follow morning the '03 wiht 250,000 miles was put to rest thanks a deer at 5am
wow, sorry about the deer, that stnks.I was just looking over the honda site, future cars have no v6. I am a bit shocked i think. even though i am about to pull the trigger on i4 2014. i will try to post a follow up if it actually happens. excited but trepiditious in this crazy market and the dam check has not even shown up much less cleared yet. argh. it is a nice blue though. cvt auto 108k, just a bit of info, cant jinx it. i am brand new here, trolling for a info on my next possibly next car.
peace

I've spent tons of time analyzing traffic patterns, and "best" all-around vehicles for the wide varieties. It's the bloody Wild-Wild-East here - so many vehicle types driving different speeds with different intentions. Lanes don't really exist, even though they are painted - if 5 vehicles going from speeds ranging 15-80mph can fit in 3 lanes, the Thais will make it work (usually).

The vehicle I'm least likely to get into an accident with is my 2006 BMW F650GS, due to maneuverability, and torque-per-pound - it's very quick for Thailand. Top speed doesn't matter here - torque does. But of course, if I get hit... Well, not the best option.

Our Toyota Fortuner is a candidate for a side-swipe due to it's width, but it is blazing quick to get you into safe space, and is the safest vehicle we own. It has what I call "Road Authority" (Thais yield to the bigger and more expensive vehicle IMHO - my wife disagrees :).

My little Suzuki Swift has no power and no Road Authority. Not a freeway car, its a dense, slow-moving traffic city car. Sayonara, it's my wife's backroads car.

Enter the Accord. Has enough torque. Maybe 3-4 " wider than the average Thai vehicle. Comfy as hell, handles bumps great, is very quiet, is a fast lane freeway car, and has above average Road Authority. It ticks enough check boxes and I think is a decent deal at $16K (for TH).

Well, the gov't has loosened its tourism restrictions, come on out before the place is overrun with those bloody "Falangs"!
this is old, how is the thai honda keeping up? i liked your story. what is a falang or hads that term been cancelled? lol?
What does Falang mean in Thai?

“Farang”, the Thai word to describe white foreigners, is not a word loaded with intent to harm.Oct 1, 2017

oh, i am a farang or i am farang? !!! i like hat it is not meant to be insulting, thank you.
now i am googling average car size, and makes too. I can not come to thailand right now but perhaps sometime in the futurre.

wow, sorry about the deer, that stnks.I was just looking over the honda site, future cars have no v6. I am a bit shocked i think. even though i am about to pull the trigger on i4 2014. i will try to post a follow up if it actually happens. excited but trepiditious in this crazy market and the dam check has not even shown up much less cleared yet. argh. it is a nice blue though. cvt auto 108k, just a bit of info, cant jinx it. i am brand new here, trolling for a info on my next possibly next car.
peace
i now realize that it may only be in the USA. Any thoughts from Thailand

·
Registered
36 Posts
peace
Yeah '17 was the last yr of the v6 for Honda and I go so lucky when I found mine for the price, mileage on it & it sold as a CPO so still had warranty. Goto luck on your purchase tho. But real quick if you are interested in a Accord coupe v6 Carmax has a Gray 2016 V6 Touring edition with 28k miles on it and asking just under $29,000

8401 - 8420 of 8423 Posts