Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2421 - 2440 of 2452 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Around $22k for a used 2010 couple EX-L i4 in '11. I was coming from a late 90s Ford Explorer that already looked terribly dated by the 2010s. However, I think these 8th gen coupes still have a great look. Honda should really consider bringing the coupe back.

·
Registered
01 Accord Coupe 2.3l MT & 11 Accord V6 EXL
39 Posts
New here…paid $4500 for a 2011 V6 exl at 195k. My Camry 2010 was totaled by an errant old lady driver And found this on CL. Not sure if it a sideways upgrade.….still have my 01 v4 2.3l Accord coupe MT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another time back here. A 2010 Honda Accord LXP wigth 155k for $2000 but involved in minor frontal collision but after tearing it apart see previous damage not repaired right and a lot of deferred maintenance but rolled up my sleeves and determined to have everything fixed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Automatic no Navigation for $7200 with 180,000 miles. Just had some parts replaced, (I believe including the timing belt, I have to confirm tomorrow the full list of replaced parts with my mechanic) and I got two brand new front tires, and will be getting two more brand new rear tires. All maintenance and the tires were free. I believe I got a pretty good deal especially being free Vin lookup says the value is $12000 (with about 105k miles) and I got all those parts replaced with free tires. Also especially because everything is so overpriced due to covid. Must have been garage kept it's almost perfect with minor marking on the bumper e.t.c. did find today when taking the bumper off that the bumper, crash bar, and atleast one fender were replaced with CAPA Genuine replacement parts, so it did have a front accident, but it was done well. Hopefully I actually got a good deal on it. Being my first vehicle I had wanted an SUV, but I'm happy with it for now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think l’m fool. I got 2012 accord v6 navigation 57.5k for $18100, it’s too expensive now. I like Honda. My first Honda is 2012 civic.
When did you buy it? 57.5k miles and its a v6 so probably EX-L? it will be a very nice car and last a very long time, but 18000 is still a bit to expensive

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got it two weeks ago, I think its normal price should be around 15,000 if it is not a shortage of inventory. Now is not a good time to buy a car.
Even 15,000 is overpriced covid pricing. But 20,000 could have gotten you something better

·
Registered
85 Posts
New here.... 2010 EXL V6, 71K miles, 10.5K. Been less than a week. Car drives good. Prev carfax maintenance history was bad, didn't realize before buying. Timing belt is not yet replaced i guess. Not sure if i got a decent deal or gonna be a money pit. My first car to own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined, looking for some good info on this gen and figured I'd post here :)

A few weeks ago, I got a new-to-me 2008 LX?EX? sedan, 40K miles, $6K.
It's the polished metal metallic color.

This was was my grandma's car that she literally drove to church and the grocery store and then it sat in a garage for the past several years after she went into a nursing home.
My grandparents had bought it brand new in 2008.
My grandma passed recently, as did my current car, so my parents gave me an awesome deal on it when they sold everything off.
It's certainly not the most exciting thing to drive, but I am very thankful for an excellent running car that's basically in brand new / mint condition.

So far I've added one of the 10in android touchscreen systems that snaps into the top clock/radio info area. I flush mounted some USB ports inside the arm rest area. I also added in the Apple CarPlay adapter in the arm rest area as well (all hidden). I then added in an 11in spare tire mounted sub.
I also tinted all the windows and added a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
The first few days of owning it, I am thankful that I found some forum articles on the awful lumbar in the seats. I was able to do the lumbar support bracket removal. That thing gave my wife and I serious back pain after driving it a few days.

I did an oil and tranny fluid change when I first got it, and need to replace the spark plugs and air filter next.

I'm currently researching the best options for a budget speaker upgrade.
I also want to get the headliner redone, get the seats recovered in leather, as well as the steering wheel and arm rest. It's all in perfect condition, I just hate the cloth Honda used in these older cars.

***Edit: And I just found the thread "How to set the 8th Gen Accord to Unlock when key is turned off" that will save a ton of frustration.

2421 - 2440 of 2452 Posts