Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2441 - 2452 of 2452 Posts

·
JR
6 Posts
Well, I'm almost afraid to know the truth on whether I got a good deal or not, lol
Today I bought a 2011 EX-L V6 automatic with 146k miles on it. One owner, no accidents, 38 owner service records, extensive inspections done by dealer, pre-sale maintenance done including new timing belt. Nearly perfect interior condition, super clean outside.
$11,500.
I've only found one like vehicle for less - $1k less - but with history of a serious accident and few service records.
I guess the ultimate answer will be how long it lasts me. I'm hoping 50k miles plus!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I'm almost afraid to know the truth on whether I got a good deal or not, lol
Today I bought a 2011 EX-L V6 automatic with 146k miles on it. One owner, no accidents, 38 owner service records, extensive inspections done by dealer, pre-sale maintenance done including new timing belt. Nearly perfect interior condition, super clean outside.
$11,500.
I've only found one like vehicle for less - $1k less - but with history of a serious accident and few service records.
I guess the ultimate answer will be how long it lasts me. I'm hoping 50k miles plus!
congratulations..... post some pictures.... which state?
I bought one fairly recently and i had to do some good amount of research and spending. Below are some tips from me.
Install S-VCM or VCM II if the car doesn't already have. Search this forum about it for more details.
Also ensure that your readiness codes are set... if not your car could have some issues but the dealer might have erased it. It will re-appear after some miles. In my case i had catalytic converter issue which costs $1500 labor + parts.
Way to identify if the readiness codes are set is...... once you turn the key fob on, but engine is off... your check engine light should be on for 30 seconds or so and then should go off. If it didn't go off and started to blink for 5 times and then it goes off, it indicates that the readiness codes are not set.
Ensure you have a solid proof for timing belt replacement job. I didn't have any proof so i had to learn the hard way about its importance and spend $2000.
Check all your fluids and don't take the dealer's words for granted.

·
JR
6 Posts
congratulations..... post some pictures.... which state?
I bought one fairly recently and i had to do some good amount of research and spending. Below are some tips from me.
Install S-VCM or VCM II if the car doesn't already have. Search this forum about it for more details.
Also ensure that your readiness codes are set... if not your car could have some issues but the dealer might have erased it. It will re-appear after some miles. In my case i had catalytic converter issue which costs $1500 labor + parts.
Way to identify if the readiness codes are set is...... once you turn the key fob on, but engine is off... your check engine light should be on for 30 seconds or so and then should go off. If it didn't go off and started to blink for 5 times and then it goes off, it indicates that the readiness codes are not set.
Ensure you have a solid proof for timing belt replacement job. I didn't have any proof so i had to learn the hard way about its importance and spend $2000.
Check all your fluids and don't take the dealer's words for granted.

Found her in Albuquerque!

Thank you so much for your response and your valuable information. I am printing it out and will search for the VCM info on the forum and conduct the readiness codes test on Saturday.
I do have the timing belt replacement info, and will certainly keep it for my records.

I thought I might take it into a Honda dealership and just have it checked out by the service department... thoughts?

S
Car Vehicle Seat belt Automotive design Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Tire

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Pics from the dealer... though the glacier blue wouldn't be my first choice, I think she's kinda pretty. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts

Thank you so much for your response and your valuable information. I am printing it out and will search for the VCM info on the forum and conduct the readiness codes test on Saturday.
I do have the timing belt replacement info, and will certainly keep it for my records.

I thought I might take it into a Honda dealership and just have it checked out by the service department... thoughts?

S View attachment 539261
View attachment 539264
View attachment 539262
View attachment 539265
View attachment 539260
View attachment 539258
View attachment 539263
View attachment 539259

Pics from the dealer... though the glacier blue wouldn't be my first choice, I think she's kinda pretty. :)

Yes, its pretty indeed, especially for 145K mile range.
If you notice any bothering issues in the drive already then you can take it otherwise I would not suggest going to the dealer right now. Wait for your readiness codes to be set, if not already.
Ensure all your fluids are at decent levels and just keep driving until 1) notice some issues like sounds, jerks, starting issues etc OR 2) your engine coolant or auto transmission fluid is dirty OR 3) your maintenance minder is set. There is actually a way to know what your upcoming maintenance minder code is too. Google it, i don't have it on top of my mind. That helps you know the upcoming costs as well.

·
JR
6 Posts
Yes, its pretty indeed, especially for 145K mile range.
If you notice any bothering issues in the drive already then you can take it otherwise I would not suggest going to the dealer right now. Wait for your readiness codes to be set, if not already.
Ensure all your fluids are at decent levels and just keep driving until 1) notice some issues like sounds, jerks, starting issues etc OR 2) your engine coolant or auto transmission fluid is dirty OR 3) your maintenance minder is set. There is actually a way to know what your upcoming maintenance minder code is too. Google it, i don't have it on top of my mind. That helps you know the upcoming costs as well.
Thank you so much!

That makes total sense, and definitely will do. So far I haven't noticed a thing (knock wood). I will be taking it on a little road trip this weekend, about 150 miles round trip that will be a combination of highway and mountain roads, and see if I detect anything at all of concern.

Great tip about the upcoming maintenance minder code, I appreciate it! Knowing what to expect is my #1 goal.

When I picked her up this morning, the sales manager told me that the maintenance they did (including the timing belt) was done by one of their techs who formerly worked at the close by Honda dealership, and he drives an Accord himself. That seems promising.

I drove my previous car for over 8 years and 103,000 miles - it weighed over 800 pounds less than this vehicle with barely more than half the horsepower. What a change! :LOL:

I will be sorting out the center stack this weekend... o_O

Thank you again for all of your help!

·
Love my VCM!!!
42 Posts

S View attachment 539261
View attachment 539264
View attachment 539262
View attachment 539265
View attachment 539260
View attachment 539258
View attachment 539263
View attachment 539259

Well that's the only one other than mine that I've seen that has the wood grain trim with a black interior!! I had to pay extra to have the dealer do that to mine because it wasn't an option in Australia!! Now I don't feel as special :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
White 2009 Accord EX-L with 114k miles for $6.8k in San Antonio, Texas

Car had new brake pads, new oil change, semi-new tires. All electronics are working fine. Interior and exterior were both in great conditions given the year.

·
Registered
2012 Honda Accord LX
2 Posts
Model: 2012 Honda Accord LX
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Date: October 2014
Miles: 35,947
Price : 14,200

I purchased my car CPO from Honda of New Rochelle. It has been almost 8 years. No major work needed , just routine maintenance.

2441 - 2452 of 2452 Posts