Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am down to 4/32 and considering going with Michelin again. I have the Pilot Sport A/S plus. No more Ultra High Performance Tires cause they are not exactly long distance comfortable.

Also on my short list is the Kumho Ecsta Platinum LX which is dirt cheap for 110.00 215/50/17 from tirerack.

Any suggestions? This would be my first grand touring tire.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My vote is for the Kuhmo. My sister has put about 40k on a set of these on her TSX per my recommendation and they have done quite well for her overall.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Not exactly the same application, but I have a buddy who has the Kumho Ecsta ASX on his Miata and he flat loves them. He's been through the ultra HP tire gauntlet on that car... says the Kumho is hands down more comfy and 95% of the performance.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leaning more towards the Kumho LX now.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one thing holding me back a bit from getting the Kumho for sure. Its the looks, looks like a tire from the 70s while the new Mxm4 is super sharp design. Yes, I am shallow, my car has to look sleek and fast. Might be a dealbreaker.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting the MXV4. I might as well pay more for the best comfort considering they are supposed to on the car for at least 50-60k.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I ended up getting the MXV4. I might as well pay more for the best comfort considering they are supposed to on the car for at least 50-60k.
Altho' pricey, IMHO you done the right thing for safety, longevity and silent running. TireRack certainly rates these way up there. Circa $800 out the door is a lot of bread, but after nearly 25,000 miles - - only 3/32 have worn away.

Good call 761....

ez....

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These MXM4 are pure luxury of a ride, I might not need earplugs on long drives anymore. I only have 200 miles on them as I write and the tires are still slick. Whats does it take 500 miles for them scrub in? They feel slippery right now even in dry roads. Not complaining just something I notice. I take the tradeoff vs less comfortable high Performance tires any day of the week now that I have experience touring tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts