Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They just finished the Type R's so hopefully this is next, the results look & sound great.

I love the closed off design with only the ram air vent allowing fresh air in.
No fear of hydro-lock in the fender well and it will probably perform very well against heat soak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been holding out on getting an intake because of this. I just wanna hear that pssshhhh psshhhh in my car sooner that's all. LOL

Maybe I shall get their stage one in the meanwhile and upgrade to stage two when they release it. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been holding out on getting an intake because of this. I just wanna hear that pssshhhh psshhhh in my car sooner that's all. LOL

Maybe I shall get their stage one in the meanwhile and upgrade to stage two when they release it. LOL
I have the injen intake and its all the psssh you could ever want. Here is a sound clip

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the injen intake and its all the psssh you could ever want. Here is a sound clip
I appreciate your insight, but I have some unforgettable bad taste in the mouth experience with Injen from the past, and I'd like to keep myself as far away from them as possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Received my kit on January 9, however it wasn't able to be installed due to missing the correct size MAF housing bolts. PRL says they will be sending out the correct bolts soon, but it's unfortunate the kit was sent out without the proper hardware. Once the correct bolts arrive, this Stage 2 CAI is going to be installed and I will be eager to see if any driveability changes are noticed especially with power/torque at or above the 4000 RPM mark per PRL's dyno charts. The temps have been cool -low 50's, and this car seems to respond well to cold temps, curious as to how much better it pulls with this new PRL Stage 2 kit!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got that email about the bolts too, that sucks but they are always good at correcting any issues which is respectable.

You're right, this motor and turbo love the cool, dense air. I'm betting the intake will be noticeable even on the butt dyno.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We've had nothing but wet roads since I installed so hard to give a full review, however I have let her go up to the top of 3rd a few times and I would say it feels stronger on the top end and responds quicker down low. I'm happy with my purchase.

There is a bit more sound when you are 50%+ throttle between 2000-4000rpm which is nice, but it isn't not as loud as say the PRL hvi for the type r.

Install was straightforward, have a pick tool to help get the intake tube around the maf housing would've been helpful, but I got it in with some finesse.

Removing the bottom of the factory air box and the piece underneath that was a pita even with the ecu out of the way. Just took lots of wiggling, tugging and patience.

I've had may PRL products over the years and this is another quality built and performing piece.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts