Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
2018 Accord 2.0 10sp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the PRL Stage 1 Intake and could not be happier! The butt dyno can certainly tell a difference. The car sounds stock, not louder, at all. The install is relatively easy. The only part that took a couple minutes was how to remove, what I believe is the blow by piping, because its really snug and you need to pull it out. Other than that, the rest is a breeze and I am really impressed with the quality of the intake.

This is a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0 turbo, Automatic 10 speed, no modifications besides the intake.

Part
2018+ Accord 2.0T PRL Stage 1 Intake System
Part#: PRL-ACC-20T-INT-S1
No write up included

Part's included
(1) 4-ply Silicone Hose
(4) Stainless Hose Clamps
(1) Billet Evap Flange
(1) High Flow Drop-In Air Filter

Tools needed

10mm socket
Ratchet
Phillips Screwdriver

The claimed benefits is increased horsepower of 16 peak horsepower. Based upon the installation on my vehicle, the intake has not set off a check engine light. Everything that is connected to the stock intake piping, is also connected to PRL's intake pipe. I live in Florida and do not have to pass any emissions inspection, it is best to contact PRL for further questions regarding emissions. I do not know if this will void the vehicle's warranty.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,706 Posts
I'm waiting for the mid pipe and intercooler parts to come out before I have coworker buy it all at once (and I'm only blowing apart the front end 1 time), but I'm not bothering with the oiled filter. Too much hassle to maintain, doesn't really offer any gains since the factory filter isn't a restriction to begin with.

·
Enthusiast
122 Posts
Im waiting for the AEM Dryflow to drop, I've never been a fan of oiled filters. I plan to get the silicone pipe by itself along with the AEM filter. However it looks like they are dragging on the release

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Installed my PRL Stage 1 intake yesterday as well.

Initial impressions;
- Throttle response does seem to be improved
- There are more audible spool-up and wastegate relief noises.

I'll be headed back to the drag strip this Thursday to see if the intake is a noticeable improvement over the stock system. The ambient temp should be almost identical from the previous time I ran the Accord a week or two ago. Given the 4 runs I made on the car previously, I should have enough data to make a fairly decent conclusion on if there is a; change for the better, same or worse. I'll post my findings in my 1/4 mile thread Thursday evening.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Im waiting for the AEM Dryflow to drop, I've never been a fan of oiled filters. I plan to get the silicone pipe by itself along with the AEM filter. However it looks like they are dragging on the release

I like this idea. I'm not a big fan of box systems. I just feel like we are so limited with options at this point. I'm somewhat interested on the K&N Typhoon system but waiting to see what Mishimoto is currently working on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Installed my PRL Stage 1 intake yesterday as well.

Initial impressions;
- Throttle response does seem to be improved
- There are more audible spool-up and wastegate relief noises.

I'll be headed back to the drag strip this Thursday to see if the intake is a noticeable improvement over the stock system. The ambient temp should be almost identical from the previous time I ran the Accord a week or two ago. Given the 4 runs I made on the car previously, I should have enough data to make a fairly decent conclusion on if there is a; change for the better, same or worse. I'll post my findings in my 1/4 mile thread Thursday evening.
Thank you for doing all this testing and sharing the results with us. Looking forward to seeing Thursday's runs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Stage 1 intake definitely gives sharper throttle response, and a pronounced sound from the BOV. Seat of the pants feels more or less the same before from my Stage 2 Hondata Flash, but the car does seem to pull slightly harder.

For the price point, you can't beat it. Hope this helps others with their purchase decision if you're on the fence!

Regards,
Sameer

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
I think RickBlaine does ok.
He has a colorful personality that just gets a bad review every now and then.
Rick is a lively moderator which is a change for the good I think.
I don't like those forums were everyone is just blah blah blah.
Thanks to the OP and RickBlaine for a informational thread.

My wife had a cat,it loved those boxes but anything else it would not do a dang thing at all.It would just yawn at every toy we bought him.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So what's so special about this intake? Looks like a silicone tube replacement of the stock one with the ribbed edges. I have a BMW M3 and vendors sell similar products with no proven results. Just placebo affects IMO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So what's so special about this intake? Looks like a silicone tube replacement of the stock one with the ribbed edges. I have a BMW M3 and vendors sell similar products with no proven results. Just placebo affects IMO.
I ran my Accord four times at the 1/4 mile strip in stock form and four times with this stage 1 intake installed...there was zero difference performance wise. The stock intake assembly is more than efficient and I wouldn’t recommend replacement....unless you want more noise and under the hood eye candy.

·
Persecutor
40 Posts
Next Step in Intake Upgrade

Are you going to try the AFE Takeda Momentum Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System, wait for the Mishimoto Intake to be released, or install the K&N 69-1506TS Air Intake?:devil

·
Registered
96 Posts

You can get a Injen/Amsoil Ea dry filter lots of available sizes for sale.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ran my Accord four times at the 1/4 mile strip in stock form and four times with this stage 1 intake installed...there was zero difference performance wise. The stock intake assembly is more than efficient and I wouldn’t recommend replacement....unless you want more noise and under the hood eye candy.
Glad to see you got everything installed and working properly! :smile

It's not accurate to make an assumption on these results. There are countless factors that play into effect when drag racing. Were temperatures and DA the same? Were the any driver errors? What was the 60ft like? Or 330 ft? or 1/8th Mile, etc. The dyno does not lie, nor do we, the results speak for themselves. We don't blame anyone for being skeptical, but these "results" are just as accurate as a butt-dyno. We'd suggest taking a look at logs if possible and going from there. It's quite possible that the car compensated for other factors (boost, timing, knock-value, etc) for a variety of reasons as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad to see you got everything installed and working properly! :smile

It's not accurate to make an assumption on these results. There are countless factors that play into effect when drag racing. Were temperatures and DA the same? Were the any driver errors? What was the 60ft like? Or 330 ft? or 1/8th Mile, etc. The dyno does not lie, nor do we, the results speak for themselves. We don't blame anyone for being skeptical, but these "results" are just as accurate as a butt-dyno. We'd suggest taking a look at logs if possible and going from there. It's quite possible that the car compensated for other factors (boost, timing, knock-value, etc) for a variety of reasons as well.
Not making any assumptions. I tested the car stock and got a baseline result. I then retested the vehicle with the newly installed Stage 1 intake on an identical night while recreating the exact driving methods.

- Track location was the same
- Track Prep and vehicle prep were both the same
- Time of night was the same
- 93 Octane from the same gas station on both nights
- DA was the same
- 60 fts were the same
- 330 ft the same
- 1/8 mile the same...1/4 mile times the same
- it's an automatic...you step on the gas (I drove it the same)

My conclusion is there was zero difference between the stock intake and the PRL intake. If there was a difference, it was negligible.
I'm not "knocking" PRL. I like your company, I like the intake...You got the sale. But these were my results and these too do not lie.

Bone Stock Times

With Stage 1 Intake

1 - 20 of 63 Posts