Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Received mine today! Can’t wait to get it in. Was super happy they shipping when they said they would. AA++ to PRL Motorsports on reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine should arrive tomorrow,, hopefully install it early afternoon.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Easy install, just take your time and think a few moves ahead. 30 minute job and not any harder than adding every other K&N I've done. What I love is everything FIT properly... Installed, went and found a secluded road and romped it a bit. Maybe a little more groan and hiss when hitting and letting off, but it looks a lot better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone running PRL Downpipe & Intake without Custom Tune?

Quick questions guys. I have the hondata stage 2 a/t 2.0t Accord and was curious how many guys out there are running the downpipe without a custom dyno tune. Wasn't sure if this would be dangerous to romp on or run for an extended period of time? I also have the prl intake as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't have Hondata...yet. But, from the limited research I have done, doesn't Hondata include the option to select mods, specifically for the purpose of tuning for these types of bolt-ons?

2018 Accord Sport 6MT Platinum White, K&N drop-in

·
Persecutor
40 Posts
I have Ktuner with a PRL Catless downpipe, Magnaflo catback exhaust and PRL Stage 1 Intake. I am having Turbogixxer Tuning remotely tune my Touring 2.0T, and he started from Stage 1.

Turbogixxer Tuning

·
Registered
436 Posts
i read a comment that open air filters perform better (and maybe sounds louder) than the box ones. is this true? if so is there one anyone recommends to be compatible with @PRL Motorsports intake?
The cones are def louder.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd go for such if there were a measured / proven increase in mileage. I don't intend to be anywhere near peak horsepower for the next 10 - 15 years with the car (which would be the 1.5L in any case).

Because the inside of this part is smoother (way) than the Honda part there should be less pumping loss at a given wheel load. But I'd want to see the test plan, the test conditions, the numbers and clear results first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PRL intake hose

I also have the PRL intake hose installed on my '19 , sport 2.0, I paired it with the K&N replacement filter.
It looks a lot cleaner than the stock hose and it isn't loud. Didn't feel much difference in power, but I have
a Hondata tune, so prob not going to notice a few hp. I know some guys want a lot of turbo, swoosh noise,
but I prefer just a hint of noise compared to stock. For the money, not a bad setup.

·
BriGuy5
171 Posts
I don't have Hondata...yet. But, from the limited research I have done, doesn't Hondata include the option to select mods, specifically for the purpose of tuning for these types of bolt-ons?

2018 Accord Sport 6MT Platinum White, K&N drop-in
This is a great question I'd also like to know the answer to. Can you specifically tick off what mods you've done so it is tuned accordingly? How is this handled? Or is the only choice getting a custom tune?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad to see some great feedback on our intake! Users may not notice a huge difference with power to be "butt dyno" worthy. You will notice an increased throttle response, airflow, and slight increase in intake/spool sound and recirculation valve audibility. The cleaner look compared to factory is also another plus by eliminating the secondary box and intake muffler setup.

With regards to the downpipe, a custom tune is not required but you will have a CEL with a catless version. If you choose to go with a high-flow cat there is still no guarantee the CEL or slow response code will stay off, as sensitivities vary between cars across the board. The only way to not have a CEL present is to disable the P0420 code on your engine management system. Despite a custom tune not being required to run this safely you will see the full potential of any product if you incorporate a custom tune for your setup.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Any issues with the install of the hose? The two large clamps don't fit. The bigger one clamping to the airbox is too short. And there's a slightly smaller one to the left passenger side but that one is also too short.

EDIT: Turns out I got sent a different set of clamps, a 40 and a 44. I have hte 44 fitted to the engine side and called PRL and they will send over a larger diameter clamp. In the mean time I'm just using the stock clamp but it's not that reassuring.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts