Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is anything tried and true that I can do to keep my headlights clear and non foggy yellow? My car is 9 years old, been with me for 6 months, and the previous owner had it garage kept, so it's in pristine condition. I have a carport, but not a closed garage, and if I can do anything right now to protect and keep them clear, rather than replacing the lenses later when it's too late, I'd like to do it.
Thanks for any tips and tricks!!!

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,992 Posts
You can spray them with gloss clear coat that has UV protection. Look up YouTube videos for "permanent headlight restoration".

·
Registered
300 Posts
Possibly, paint protection film will keep them clear too, in addition to preventing rock damage. I've had that stuff applied to my current Honda, my truck and a previous Honda. My headlights have shown NO degradation, but my vehicles are garaged kept, so my experience may not be helpful.

- Jack

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,259 Posts
Keep the car in the garage and only drive it at night.
This is what I do.

If it’s not feasible for you, have a UV resistant clear film applied to them. This is different from paint protection film as you want UV blocking for headlights, but non-UV blocking for paint.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
Possibly, paint protection film will keep them clear too, in addition to preventing rock damage. I've had that stuff applied to my current Honda, my truck and a previous Honda. My headlights have shown NO degradation, but my vehicles are garaged kept, so my experience may not be helpful.

- Jack
I have them on my current Accord. They work well enough for my purpose.

They are not crystal clear, but clear enough that with good halogen bulbs, they light up the roads very well.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! But I do not have a garage at all. Think I'm gonna invest in that UV clear coat spray. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use Klasse All in One polish and follow it up with Klasse sealant Glaze about once every 2-3 months. 10 years and they still look clear although I've been doing this since the car was new.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,259 Posts
I have used clear protective film on several cars and it works. Headlights stay crystal clear and are protected from road debris. Make sure to get UV resistant film for clear parts; non-UV resistant for painted parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts