Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say hey, been awhile since i have logged onto drive accord and i miss it alot :)

so i was curious, im driving an 07' accord i4 manual transmission 5-speed but i wish i had more from it, acceleration, speed, horsepower.

would it be possible to swap an engine from the honda s2000 into my accord with the trans fitting right? what would be needed to do the swap if its even possible?

was looking at this site for the engine

thanks for your input!

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
You are looking at a world of hurt.

Doable? Probably since it doesn't defy the laws of physics, I recently saw a late generation Corvetter 350 cubic inch V8 stuffed into a mid 70' TR-5, it had a Ford rear-end and axles but (I think) used the original GM transmission.

It was a 5 year project for the owner with a lot of custom made mounting brackets etc., but it was very well done, even the A/C works.

BTW, don't forget S2K is a RWD car with longitudinally mounted engine/drivetrain and you have FWD transversely mounted engine/drivetrain.

Do you have the time, paitence, skill, and can afford the expense to undertake this project? And you also need to factor in a second car while the project is being carried out, this is not going to be one of those single weekend project to say the least.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! lol yeah i dont have the time patiene or the money for it, i didnt think it would have to be such an extensive project, and i totally forgot about the s2k's RWD

thank you the for the info! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts