Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. this is my first time asking anything on the forums, because i have never had any problem with my car. i have a 2011 honda accord exl v6 with navigation. i also have installed in best buy, 2 12" kenwood subwoofers powered by BOSS phantom 3000watt amp. connected by Kicker 8 guage wires. I also changed factory speakers to kenwood speakers. and i had no problems until i discovered that while i was listening to music on full volume for a while, the volume in from kind of goes down, and i can hear the back speakers more, but the sub plays the same, and once i turn volume down to 30 it becomes normal again. i dont know what can it be because since my sub kicks well, all my settings in the stereo are minimum on bass, and i also disconnected the stuck subwoofer, so i dont think that there could be a problem in the factory amp. someone please help. thank you very much

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had the same problem. The factory amp gets hot and goes into protection mode till you take the load off. It won't go away. You can get a 5 channel amp and remove the factory amp. the only way you're gonna walk away from that issue happy.

Reactions: Vasyl Romanyuk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks guys. i actually fixed it by switching off ANC through Diagnostic menu in the car. it doesnt do anything with audio anymore. thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought that is the problem but my stock sub is disconnected and all bass setting are at minimum, so i think it should not overload the stock amp.

·
Registered
455 Posts
well that sucks for me lol. that fading of the sound made me go by a full aftermarket system. which i would have prob done anyways. good thing you figured it out. i took it to cartoys and bestbuy and they both told me it was the amp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem. The factory amp gets hot and goes into protection mode till you take the load off. It won't go away. You can get a 5 channel amp and remove the factory amp. the only way you're gonna walk away from that issue happy.
this was the case for me. I have disconnected both mics and turned off the setting and it still happened. I ended up with a whole new system and now this does not happen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts