Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is about 2 months old and the wheel has had a noticeable indentation in the lower right side of the wheel. The indentation is in the wheel itself and I've noticed it since day 1. Footwear Leg Auto part Vehicle Shoe

The leather on the upper left side of the wheel is creasing like it was stretched too much. What do you guys think?

Blue Steering wheel Vehicle door Steering part Car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
The indentation in picture one shouldn't be there, it comes down to if you can live with that.

The "creasing" in picture one is actually not leather being stretched, it's actually leather being "bunched" together a bit, the part that's stretched is the shinny area. I don't think you will get much reaction from Honda with this, they'll likely just tell you: "They are all like that".

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think I could live with it rather than have them pull it and replace it. I don't think it is going to get any worse.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the first time I have had this kind of a problem with a leather wheel. I think I'm going to take it in. The indentation in the lower part of the wheel is right where I rest my thumb and keeps bugging me. The quality of this wheel leaves much to be desired, I'm sure it's just a fluke.

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Upper part if my steering wheel has a small knot that sticks out just a bit... At first it bothered me somewhat, now I just consider it part of the cars characteristics. I'd rather have this small imperfection vs a larger problem from changing the wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
changing the steering wheel will not cause problems.

If other wheels don't have leather indentations, then that would be a legit reason to ask for a replacement without seeming too picky.

That indentation might be from a scar on the hide when the cow nicked itself

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both of these issues (I guess technically three issues) are clear manufacturing defects and should be swapped out under warranty.

Putting on a new steering wheel will not cause any problems.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, I've swapped out steering wherls myself when upgrading from a plastic wheel to a leather wheel and it's very straight forward. I'll probably take it in next week, update coming soon.

·
4,637 Posts
Yes, have dealer fix it then wait to see what other things they mess up on your car. Scratches, dings, marks etc...have fun with that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The indentation in picture one shouldn't be there, it comes down to if you can live with that.

The "creasing" in picture one is actually not leather being stretched, it's actually leather being "bunched" together a bit, the part that's stretched is the shinny area. I don't think you will get much reaction from Honda with this, they'll likely just tell you: "They are all like that".
This is occurring on my steering wheel at the moment :( Had the car since July, but what can you expect but a little wear-and-tear, ya know?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts