Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 20+ years I have used various car waxes and polishes with varying results. At the present time I have been using Meguiars NXT on my wifes 2010 Honda Accord because the car is brand new and has no contaminents on the paint. I know this for a fact because when I first purchased it in August, I attempted to clay it and there were no contaminents in the paint. I put a layer of NXT on it twice and it seems to be ok. Here is my proposed plan of attack come next summer based on much internet reading:
1) Wash car with a wax removing car wash
2) clay car
3) clean car again attempting to remove any clay residue or debris
4) clean car with P21S (paint polisher)
5) finish with Collinite 915

So here are my questions:
Since I usually do everything by hand, and I am not experienced with a DA, how would I break into the field of using a DA? I have no idea which one to get and no idea what pads to use for application or removal. Can someone give me some good direction? And do my product choices seem to hold together and make sense? I am open to other products and other recommendations but I need something with a good product history. your thoughts please?

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
In addition there are many many videos and articles on the Autogeek forum. Mike Phillips does a great job with the writing/video and is a renowned professional detailer.
Many of the articles/videos lead into "Which polisher is right for me?" type things and will help immensely. Read the guide ikethegreat posted, read the Autogeek forum, then read some more. Educate yourself prior to buying anything and it will make your choices easier.

Your plan looks sound to me but by next summer you will likely need a machine polish after clay then the P21 paint cleaner. If you are not going to machine polish then skip the P21, the clay & wash will have the surface ready for the Collinite.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thx very much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts