Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished installing the Progress 22MM Sway Bar on the V6 Coupe. It was fairly simple to install, I needed to unbolt the back exhaust (3 bolts) and slip the plastic grommet that holds the rear exhaust up off. You do need to drill out the holes for the new bolts, so going back to stock isn't really an option but... you won't want to! :banana:

I can take this thing around fairly sharp curves (advisory speed 25) at 50 relatively comfortably and very little body roll. I have mine set to the 'hard' setting. You can fly around corners compared to stock and feel more control coming out of the turn. For such a cheap and fairly easy upgrade I highly recommend it, especially to those who would enjoy some more handing. I'm fairly certain this will work on the I4 as well but might impart a different effect.

http://www.customcarscentral.com/prg620105-acura-tsx.html?gclid=CPqZ65Ga6LoCFeYWMgodOwcACw

Part number: 62.0105

·
Registered
234 Posts
So this is the TSX sway bar mounted on the Accord right? At least that's what the link is to. Sounds like a good mod, I'll look into it before I mount my coilovers.

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this is the TSX sway bar mounted on the Accord right? At least that's what the link is to. Sounds like a good mod, I'll look into it before I mount my coilovers.
Yes there is talk about others doing it in the suspension thread. I decided to post out of it since it's very long.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Be careful with a 22mm rear sway bar. There are a few here who have tried the 22mm bar on the 8th and 9th gen and felt it was too much without having an upgraded front sway bar solution. This 22mm rear bar would increase the chances of off throttle oversteer and oversteer in general. Those few ended up going to a smaller rear sway bar such as the one from the 20mm TL-AWD as discussed here.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76953

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful with a 22mm rear sway bar. There are a few here who have tried the 22mm bar on the 8th and 9th gen and felt it was too much without having an upgraded front sway bar solution. This 22mm rear bar would increase the chances of off throttle oversteer and oversteer in general. Those few ended up going to a smaller rear sway bar such as the one from the 20mm TL-AWD as discussed here.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76953
I thought it was generally accepted in that thread that for the V6 Accord the 22mm RSB was the way to go? There is a lot more talk about the 4CYL. I did get some oversteer taking a curve very fast. I'm not sure how bad it is, or what to compare it to because I never felt safe enough doing that before the switch.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
I thought it was generally accepted in that thread that for the V6 Accord the 22mm RSB was the way to go? There is a lot more talk about the 4CYL. I did get some oversteer taking a curve very fast. I'm not sure how bad it is, or what to compare it to because I never felt safe enough doing that before the switch.
Aye! You're right. I'm always thinking with my 4 cylinder Accord in mind.

I have the V6 front bar and the TL-AWD rear bar. It seems well balanced at the moment, but my front end is also lighter.

I'm only speaking in theory. I haven't tried the 22mm bar myself, so I'm just speculating at most. My bad.

Before I go any bigger in the rear though, I'm looking for a front bar solution first. Even upgraded to 19mm in the front is still small IMO for a car of this heft.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if I like the fact that there is discussion about over-steer after install. Also I do not like the fact that you can not put it back to OEM. What if you wanted to just sell the sway bar? and why mess with factory mounting points. Suspension techniques is selling a sway bar that I might get for the 9th gen accord. I saw it on the website and talked to the guy over the phone about it. but now I don't see it for some reason

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
I know the 9G has different suspension setup than the 8G, but with 22mm in the back it still feels like it wants to understeer going into fast sweepers.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow you took the "complex way", I installed mine last week-end and didn't detach the rear section. Sure it was tight, be we love them like that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Does anyone know what size sway bars are on a stock Canadian Touring V6?
Thanks,HB

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Does anyone know what size sway bars are on a stock Canadian Touring V6?
Thanks,HB
the same as the US version

I'm telling you, you want the Progress RSB

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
The TLX bars are nice alternatives as well and are cheaper than the Progress bar.

I'm currently running the Accord V6 front sway bar and the TLX V6 rear sway bar.

·
1 of a Kind
322 Posts
The TLX bars are nice alternatives as well and are cheaper than the Progress bar.

I'm currently running the Accord V6 front sway bar and the TLX V6 rear sway bar.
Do the TLX v6 RSB touch the frame like the TL AWD RSB do?

I have the TL AWD RSB and they touch, which i hate.

Can you post a pic for us to see?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow you took the "complex way", I installed mine last week-end and didn't detach the rear section. Sure it was tight, be we love them like that.
I wouldn't say detaching the rear exhaust is complex, it was easier to maneuver everything in and out. It was 3 bolts.

Removing my rear precat was "tight."

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I wouldn't say detaching the rear exhaust is complex, it was easier to maneuver everything in and out. It was 3 bolts.

Removing my rear precat was "tight."
true enough, in my case the flange on the Borla rear section is so tick I have to hold the 2 flanges together with a vice-grip to have some thread to bolt on. I avoid having to redo this part if possible :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aye! You're right. I'm always thinking with my 4 cylinder Accord in mind.

I have the V6 front bar and the TL-AWD rear bar. It seems well balanced at the moment, but my front end is also lighter.

I'm only speaking in theory. I haven't tried the 22mm bar myself, so I'm just speculating at most. My bad.

Before I go any bigger in the rear though, I'm looking for a front bar solution first. Even upgraded to 19mm in the front is still small IMO for a car of this heft.
Bro do you know if that TL-AWD RSB fits V6 coupe as well ? Cuz that might be my next upgrade :D

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Bro do you know if that TL-AWD RSB fits V6 coupe as well ? Cuz that might be my next upgrade :D
You really should get any of the new TLX rear sway bars. It complements the V6 front sway bar much better.

That is what I am currently running and the handling is superb!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts