Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I will be traveling from Southern California (through the "lovely" California and Nevada deserts) to Utah for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The projected mileage on my '07 Accord will be between 87,000 and 90,000 miles.

Don't wish to have any problems. What is the projected water pump life on these cars?

All replies greatly appreciated!:notworthy

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
The recommended timing belt interval is 105k miles if you have the V6 (water pump should always be changed with the timing belt even if it is not broken since it's inside the belt housing). If you have the 4 cylinder there is no timing belt interval, and the water pump is just changed if it is bad.

Either way you are fine. I am sure the water pump will last well over 100k if you have the 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The recommended timing belt interval is 105k miles if you have the V6 (water pump should always be changed with the timing belt even if it is not broken since it's inside the belt housing). If you have the 4 cylinder there is no timing belt interval, and the water pump is just changed if it is bad.

Either way you are fine. I am sure the water pump will last well over 100k if you have the 4 cylinder.
I do have the 4 cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts