Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have used the search function, as well as Google...and can't seem to find an answer to THIS question....

I have a 13 ex-l v6. I want to change my headlights and fogs out to match them with the drl's. I just don't like the look of two different color lights, lol. So, I don't want to put HID's due to the obvious issues. I am looking at doing a Phillips bulb at 45-5000k. I have seen the LED lights that a lot of kids are putting in as fog lights. I like the idea of a little brighter light, like an LED, but not sure of the downside. What affect would an LED bulb have on the projectors? Would it glare as much as the HID? Or, am I better off just doing the H11, or maybe an H9, as opposed to an LED?

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
Try an existing thread. All the info is there.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Ok, so I have used the search function, as well as Google...and can't seem to find an answer to THIS question....

I have a 13 ex-l v6. I want to change my headlights and fogs out to match them with the drl's. I just don't like the look of two different color lights, lol. So, I don't want to put HID's due to the obvious issues. I am looking at doing a Phillips bulb at 45-5000k. I have seen the LED lights that a lot of kids are putting in as fog lights. I like the idea of a little brighter light, like an LED, but not sure of the downside. What affect would an LED bulb have on the projectors? Would it glare as much as the HID? Or, am I better off just doing the H11, or maybe an H9, as opposed to an LED?
What are the "obvious issues" with HIDs? I put them in, they match the DRLs, are not offensive to oncoming drivers (regardless of what all the lighting snobs/purists report on here), and they were simple to install. As far as the fogs go, I just left the stock ones. As far as I'm concerned, they serve no purpose whatsoever.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What are the "obvious issues" with HIDs? I put them in, they match the DRLs, are not offensive to oncoming drivers (regardless of what all the lighting snobs/purists report on here), and they were simple to install. As far as the fogs go, I just left the stock ones. As far as I'm concerned, they serve no purpose whatsoever.
The glare, illegal, shitty QC....

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
So those of us who know better, those of us who actually understand the laws of physics, and more importantly those of us who have been blinded/glared by HID kits in 2013/2014 Accords are now snobs/purists? Duly noted.

Problems with HID kits - glare, longevity, poor QC, reduced long distance night vision as compared to even stock H11 and especially when compared to H9, the false sense of having improved lighting due to an overly and dangerously overlit foreground, the list goes on ...

·
Registered
335 Posts

So many of the questions in your post don't make much sense, so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. It sounds like you hate the fact that your headlights come with the gorgeous white LED DRL lights at the bottom, and have the nasty yellow halogen bulbs in the projectors? Am I right? I bet I am, if so, here are your options.

1. Buy some overpriced blue coated H11 halogen bulbs - the result? Nasty yellow light, yet again.

2. Buy a 4300, 5000k, or 5500k HID kit - the result? Great looking pure white light, but all the "problems" everyone is speaking up above. Low beams match the LED DRL lights perfectly if you get 5000k-5500k.

3. Put H11 LED bulbs in your halogen projectors - the result? White light, but very little light. Not enough light output, far less than the nasty yellow halogen bulbs, and dangerous to drive with.

4. Buy the entire Touring LED headlights, and replace the entire headlights - the result? Gorgeous lights where your LED low beams match the LED DRL lights perfectly. However, after a $1,200 cost plus the cost of installation (don't forget you gotta remove that bumper to replace them).

Take yer pick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So many of the questions in your post don't make much sense, so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. It sounds like you hate the fact that your headlights come with the gorgeous white LED DRL lights at the bottom, and have the nasty yellow halogen bulbs in the projectors? Am I right? I bet I am, if so, here are your options.

1. Buy some overpriced blue coated H11 halogen bulbs - the result? Nasty yellow light, yet again.

2. Buy a 4300, 5000k, or 5500k HID kit - the result? Great looking pure white light, but all the "problems" everyone is speaking up above. Low beams match the LED DRL lights perfectly if you get 5000k-5500k.

3. Put H11 LED bulbs in your halogen projectors - the result? White light, but very little light. Not enough light output, far less than the nasty yellow halogen bulbs, and dangerous to drive with.

4. Buy the entire Touring LED headlights, and replace the entire headlights - the result? Gorgeous lights where your LED low beams match the LED DRL lights perfectly. However, after a $1,200 cost plus the cost of installation (don't forget you gotta remove that bumper to replace them).

Take yer pick.
Someone who new exactly what I was talking, lol....even if they didn't realize it. And thank you for the help....wasn't sure how much light the LED would put out....hmmm, the delima...

·
Registered
76 Posts

Take yer pick.
5. Do an actual projector retrofit. Much more expensive than just the plug and play HID kits, but better light output.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hmmm, my bad....figured since I have an Accord, and after all, it is a 9th Gen, as THIS forum is for, shouldn't be a bad place to post. Thanks for the advice though.
I think he meant the lighting thread here in the 9th gen forum. That thread is a beast though, however, I would recommend reading through it start to finish as there is a ton of good info on just about everything in there...headlights, fog lights, turn signals, etc. "put on a pot of coffee" (stolen from Glen E). :thmsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
5. Do an actual projector retrofit. Much more expensive than just the plug and play HID kits, but better light output.
This! :thmsup:

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Hmmm, my bad....figured since I have an Accord, and after all, it is a 9th Gen, as THIS forum is for, shouldn't be a bad place to post. Thanks for the advice though.

You are from Alabama though......so no telling what's going on upstairs

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ah, almost forgot about the retrofit option. Also a fantastic option. Just a bit expensive (especially if you are paying someone else to do it, many people wouldn't be able to do it themselves).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts