Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Coupe EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a V6 6MT 09 accord with 110k miles. Was doing a pull with a buddy, and at 3/4-full throttle and when I hit 4.5k-ish rpm, car hit what felt like a rev limiter. Tried again thinking it was a fluke and it happened at a different RPM. Car has good oil and has been well taken care of it’s entire life. Thinking it could be bad gas? Just looking for thoughts into what the issue could be. There was no CEL or any noises. And any input would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really need more info. What rpm did it happen at the second time? What gear, are you sure traction control wasn't kicking in?
If you are able, it wouldn't hurt to scan for pending codes, some codes will store as pending and the fault needs to happen a couple times to trigger the light.

·
Registered
2008 Coupe EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really need more info. What rpm did it happen at the second time? What gear, are you sure traction control wasn't kicking in?
If you are able, it wouldn't hurt to scan for pending codes, some codes will store as pending and the fault needs to happen a couple times to trigger the light.
It was around 5k the second time. I turned T/C off for the second pull. I scanned codes as soon as I got home and there were no DTC’s

And it was in second gear for the first pull. And 3rd for the second pull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts