Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

pulley install

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Accordriver 
#1 ·
anyone here can recommand a performace shop to install pulleys or know how to do it if so ill pay for labor.

#9 ·
I've heard the crank pulley is a pain in the butt to remove. A buddy of mine had his done and they forgot to put some kind of anti-seize on his crank pulley, so just make sure they put that stuff on yours.

#13 ·
Stubborn crank pulley bolt? Old school method... put your ratchet on it then find a way to lock the handle against something using an extension if you have to. You then barely crank the engine for a split second and this loosens the bolt using engine power (really starter). This can be dangerous so practice at your own risk.

#14 ·
That's how I did it on my dad's car too when I had to replace his water pump. If you're going to do this, make sure there's no one standing close to the ratchet (if they can see then they're too close) and make sure the ratchet is secure and not loose.

That's the quickest and easiest way.

#16 ·
Just have to make sure the selector on the ratchet is set too LOOSEN and not TIGHTEN. Otherwise it's a broken ratchet or worse, broken bolt. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.