Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Pulling/off center steering wheel

948 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sean2772 
#1 ·
I've had nothing but trouble with my new 2010 accord coupe from the day I purchased it.
To summarize I've had my tires changed 3 times and now had the dealer put on pilot spot from mxm4.
Aligned several times, caster shift as the car pulled hard to the right.
So finally the car has been driving ok, much better then it was before.
I decided to see if the car would drive the exact same if I rotated my tires from front to back. Since these are new tired why would there be any difference? Wrong. After the rotation my car pulls right again and the steering wheel went from being centered to almost in the 1 o'clock position on a straight road
The only factor causing this problem has to be the oem 17" rims. I did this exact same test with the m mxm4 and I noticed this issue. Everyone has been telling me it's impossible that a rim would cause these issues.
I know it's not the tires. I swapped them back and my steering wheel is back centered
All 4 tires are the exact same, they are directional and I have confirmed they are pointing in the correct direction. I'm scratching my head people! I have only owned this car for 2 months and I seriously want rid of it.
I have crossed all T's and dotted all i's
It's also not tire pressure related

The other symptom I experienced after rotating my front tires to the rear was that the car would be a lot more sensitive to road crown but when rotating them back it's very minor
So what I'm asking is that is it possible that my brand new rims that came stock with this accord are fudged???
Thanks again for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
With so many cars manufactured someone has to get the unlucky car. Maybe it was just your luck... or bad luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.