Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing a used 2014 crosstour or civic. Any advise why I should get one over the other in terms of reliability?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,952 Posts
The Crosstour didn't last long, maybe 2 model years. I'd be concerned with its resale value. Depending on maintenance by the previous/original owner, the two cars would be about the same in reliability.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crosstour was from 2010-2015. Obviously, newer and lower miles are better. We have a 2015 EX-L 4 cyl that we purchased new. It's a great car and we plan on keeping it a long time. The only issue we've had is it just recently had the SRS light come on. Dealer diagnosed a bad driver side airbag, and it was replaced under warranty.

·
Rollin in FL
1,108 Posts
Depends on your taste. We almost bought one in 2015 but it was in black and was one of the last ones in stock as new. We ended up getting the Nissan Rogue.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Almost bought one in '14, but the visibility was terrible, and it seemed, somehow, awkward. I really wanted to like it, what with AWD in a not SUV. But we couldn't. Went with the regular Accord.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Almost bought one in '44, but front armor was weak, so went with a Panzerkampfwagen IV.
I hope you stayed away from Kursk and spent that time in Italy. The food was much better there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 2014 Crosstour has a tried and true drivetrain and should be very reliable in the long term. I'd have reservations about the reliability of the '14 Civic as it was the first year for the CVT transmission. 143,000 2014-5 Civics were recalled due to a weakened drive-pulley shaft and "fixed" with software. Sounds to me like they weakened the power output of the car to protect a part deep in the CVT which was expensive to replace.

With the Crosstour being discontinued low resale value works in your favor.

But really Crosstour or Civic? Maybe you should decide whether you want apples or oranges before going to the grocery store.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Almost bought one in '14, but the visibility was terrible, and it seemed, somehow, awkward. I really wanted to like it, what with AWD in a not SUV. But we couldn't. Went with the regular Accord.
That was my impression as well. The visibility out the rear was awful, and I struggled to understand the purpose of the car overall.

That said, for the right price, I'd buy one although I would probably offer lower than the seller wants because its a dead-end model which only matters if you intend to sell it while it's still worth something. But at it's heart, it's a 5 door accord, which is not a bad idea overall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love my 15 EXL V6! Would only trade her for a sport 2.0T 10 speed till I drove one. No drama (read as no fun) in driving it. I honestly feel the V6 is faster than the 2.0 T.

Yes the rear window is a joke, knew that getting in to it. No problem after a year. Breaks suck, but upgraded them. Again no problem. Then th gas mileage. Not what i wanted, but i deal with it. I love my Samantha to death. No more thoughts of trading.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts