Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ppl...i just bought my first honda accord...it is a beautiful car.....2009 ex manual v4....but it came with an aftermarket double din unit and the upper screen is always off...i would like to have some info on that screen..is there a way to do it__???...or its just goin to be off unless i put a oem radio and control unit back to my car???...thank you guys

· Wisdom Born of Age
2,378 Posts
Yes, you would need an OEM head unit, you can pick one up on eBay for cheap

· Registered
315 Posts
Thanx for the reply.....but i see cars here with aftermarket double din stereos and they have the info working on the upper screen....thnx again
So you've seen 8th gen accords with double din stereos that also had the small stock lcd screen working? That screen only works with the stock radio, so you may have seen people who installed some other type of screen up there.

· Registered
454 Posts
I have a double din with dual climate control. The screen will only project a/c control information. No compass or radio info.

· Registered
273 Posts
on cars with dual climate control (if you have the up/down switches to set the temperature), the hvac controls(lower half of the screen) will display

if you don't have dual climate control (if you have knobs to set the temperature), the entire screen doesn't work at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.