Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can help you if you need! Sorry I didn't do enough pictures. I was on a roll installing the unit I forgot about pictures...

All right here is my DIY install job on Qualir aka www.autodvdgps.com. Personally in my opinion buying from the source was the cheapest plus quality service. I ordered the unit on Friday; they reviewed and tested my unit/emailed me test pictures to show that everything works just fine. Also, made sure it would work with my car model, which obviously it did. Shipped DHL on Monday and it came in on the following Wednesday. Three days from China to Texas…I though that was pretty good!

Many on DA are skeptical about these guys and how they are from China, but I gave it a shot and I’m very happy how easy and nice /clean the results turned out. Some peeps might have had bad service rep or w.e but I got all my questions and problems answered instantly (less then 20 min wait for emails)(They also have live chat service)

AfterMarket Updated GPS Radio For Honda Accord +All In One Navigation Multimedia system Notebook.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/aftermarket-updated-gps-radio-for-honda-accord-all-in-one-navigation-multimedia-system-notebook-p-776.html

Price of the Unit: $475.00
Shipping: $86.58

Discount: $-10.00 (Type in ‘Qualir2010’) For 10 bucks of or if that doesn’t work pm me.

Total - $551.58

Model: QL-ACD980

This is the new unit for 2010 that Qualir came out with, many others have install a previous model that requires wire slicing and tapping. This new one is plug and play One thing is…. Mount the one ground wire they labeled for the DVD unit (Supposed to tap into BRAKE wire but if you do you can not have a DVD running while driving so mount to any ground) This is a link on the old model http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37443

*DYI Time… Sorry if it gets a bit confusing. I can help ya personally just message me.
ON LX-S and EX models only will not work for the EX-L!
First install pictures compared to original unit.

This link will take you to the Qualir install page. But is a bit different when installing it to are Accords. More information never hurt though.
http://www.autodvdgps.com/images/pdf/Honda_Accord.pdf

Part One
Taking apart your factory radio (I provided a links to DYI’s that already show the process.)

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36462 - Center and etc removal instructions

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19635&highlight=radio+removal - DYI on removal from another DA member.

Step one : Remove the mid consol trim.

Step two: Remove the 2 dash trims and 2 screws holding the fat radio unit in.

Step three: You will find 4 screws holding the bottom storage compartment in two under the top side of the top compartment and two on the bottom as you see.

Step Four: Move your car shifter back and remove the bottom storage compartment (You may need to tape up the area so you don’t scratch you car trim and yes, it is a bit difficult but you will find a way to get the compartment out just use a little bit of arm muscle!

Step Five: there are two hidden screws in the back looking up under the radio unit. Take these two out and you will be able to pull the whole middle radio consol right out with ease. (You did not remove all the screws if it is hard to pull the unit out! ) You don’t have to but makes is easier and provides a lot more room if you unplug all the harnesses and set aside the radio head-unit. (Your radio anti-theft code is in the glove box on you left side, or on the card the dealer gave you.)

Step Six: Now you can take out the top screen, there should be 6 screws holding it in. Two on the bottom out side holding the screen trim. Two behind that holding the screen in and two up top. Un-plug the one harness from the screen and remove the screen.
Now everything is set for the new harnesses, dvd/cd/usb unit, and news screen.
I routed all my wires to the glove box side down into the back of the radio area. (Buy some wire tubes to hide or classify all the wires in two one line if you want a clean job, like 5 bucks a autozone or any auto place in that matter.) When routing my GPS Antenna I mounted that to the back of the car behind the middle headrest.

There is a second external mic if you want...I mounted that in the left drive side trim under the holes made for climate control. It just clips into the hole that is there.

Part two
The install.

MAKE SURE U HAVE ALL THE CABLES AND PARTS!:thmsup:

Step one: Route all the wires first make sure you have sum lack so you can connect them and still have room to move the parts back into place. (Make sure you take the pink and blue wires labeled remote and brake and attach them to you remote wire and brake wire (Ground the brake wire it…without this you cannot watch DVDs!) I actually did not use the remote wire but this is where your factory remote wire is…..

The new screen has a mic input, ipod input, original harness input, special aftermarket DVD, TV, or back up camera input. And the harness for the DVD unit to the screen. Plug theses all up pretty simple…
After plugging in all the wires into the new screen place the screen top side in first and push it back into the slot. Use your old screws to mount the new screen. (You wont need 4 screws like before; it only takes two at the top.)

Now just place your screen trim into place.. (It should just pop right in)

Step Two: (Do this first before putting the radio back together!!!) Take the DVD drive/Lower part and your old lower compartment unit and place them together. (There should be 4 little screws, two on each side.) Plug in the harness that goes from the screen to the DVD unit.)

There is a tiny hold in the back where the DVD and old lower storage console meet. This is where I routed my iPod cable, second USB port and base knob…. so I could have my wires concealed.

Insert the new lower storage and DVD unit into place and mount it up. (Two screws on the bottom and a special mounting back for the top mount but this second mount is not necessary)

Step Three: Now take all the harnesses and plug them up, it is pretty simple just figure which size is what and plug them in. (You can’t mess up)
Once all you plugs are done push the radio unit back into place and remount the two screws on the side that hold the unit in. Place you dish trims on, put the center consol back(Don’t forget the 12v dc outlet plug)

Push everything into place, and you are pretty much done!

If you want…. don’t screw everything in and just plug in the harnesses to test if your units works. Then strap everything up!

***I WILL POST PICTURES ON EVERY SPEC AND PROGRAM THE SYSTEM HAS SO YOU CAN SEE HOW IT LOOKS AND WORKS.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
There is a huge risk with Chinese aftermarket stereos. Poor quality of products and no support. Search "AutoSoul" and read about that mess. Hope it works out for you, but wouldn't be surprised if it stops working in 6 months. You should also be aware that you just voided the warranty on your OEM stereo. Watching DVDs while you drive is illegal and just as dangerous as talking or texting on your cell phone.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol its not for me its for the passenger to watch while anyone drive. Also, mine comes with a 2 year warranty and I personally got to know one of the sales reps there so it works out just fine. As far as the OEM Warrenty, im not so worried as all my speakers and trunk are have be changed into custom jobs. But, everything is reversible as i did not have to slice anything in my car. Everything just drops right in and out :D (I always consider the resale value!)

There is a huge risk with Chinese aftermarket stereos. Poor quality of products and no support. Search "AutoSoul" and read about that mess. Hope it works out for you, but wouldn't be surprised if it stops working in 6 months. You should also be aware that you just voided the warranty on your OEM stereo. Watching DVDs while you drive is illegal and just as dangerous as talking or texting on your cell phone.

·
4,574 Posts
Also, mine comes with a 2 year warranty and I personally got to know one of the sales reps there so it works out just fine.
Good luck. Simon was everybody's friend and very helpful until the people that bought the AutoSoul found out the POS didn't even work. Then Simon disappeared and refused to contact anyone, or offer any refunds for a unit that didn't do what it was advertised to do. So much for a so-called warranty. So a few people spent over $800 on a Navi system that didn't work as expected. Simon took their money and disappeared, and failed to deliver on an updated unit. Since the company is in China, they know you will have no recourse against anything that may go wrong. All they have to do is ignore you because you have no plans to go to China. Same thing happened with their Toyota Rav4 unit when that started failing.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O man that sicks. But, i'm sure i'm safe here. If not its only 550, not a big deal. I was on webcam with them when I was trying to buy there product, they wanted to make sure my car was compatible. (Which was interesting but that is what sold me.) Im in the process of trying to make them a install DYi video. They offer some nice discount and commission if you help them out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a quick question i want to buy this kit and i have the lx-s is i worth it and will i lose my controls like the 6 cd changers and the buttons on my stock radio i have the 09 accord coupe...and where do the harnesses plug back in pics or a good explanation please !

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a quick question i want to buy this kit and i have the lx-s is i worth it and will i lose my controls like the 6 cd changers and the buttons on my stock radio i have the 09 accord coupe...and where do the harnesses plug back in pics or a good explanation please !
Sorry I never checked back to this post...

I love my system now. People don't know the different between this unit and hondas because it looks factory) I am glad I went ahead and bought this unit, you don't loose any controls its all plug up and your good to go! (3 wire harnesses) one to the screen,and the other two go to the main head-unit its a male/male to female socket or (T wire since it looks like a T...) you take out the original and hook up the other two to the ends and your pretty much set to go. It's easier to lay it all out and just use your eyes to hook it up its not hard at all.

So Long story short....everything is oem, except now I have a TV tuner, Dvd player, Media player, Navi, back up camera, and a new pretty screen.

The unit just got cheaper...kinda bs! but w.e. I had it for that extra two months :)

·
4,574 Posts
Unless the TV tuner is digital, it is worthless since there are no analog signals in the United States. Glad it is still working out for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry I never checked back to this post...

I love my system now. People don't know the different between this unit and hondas because it looks factory) I am glad I went ahead and bought this unit, you don't loose any controls its all plug up and your good to go! (3 wire harnesses) one to the screen,and the other two go to the main head-unit its a male/male to female socket or (T wire since it looks like a T...) you take out the original and hook up the other two to the ends and your pretty much set to go. It's easier to lay it all out and just use your eyes to hook it up its not hard at all.

So Long story short....everything is oem, except now I have a TV tuner, Dvd player, Media player, Navi, back up camera, and a new pretty screen.

The unit just got cheaper...kinda bs! but w.e. I had it for that extra two months :)
you lost your RDS.. i just install this radio in my car and the RDS is gone.. also i am having a issue where i can't watch a DVD movie frmt he DVD drive i get a message saying enjoy radio while you dive even though i am parked.. if you look at the specs it say supports RDS but some how the software they load on this unit does have the radio in the settings option its missing.. i am currenlty complainign to the guy now on ebay to find out why i don't have my RDS and it say it supports it and why is it radio option missing.. anyway where did you hook up the blue wire that say break i assume you hooked it up on the hand break

you lost your RDS.. i just install this radio in my car and the RDS is gone.. also i am having a issue where i can't watch a DVD movie frmt he DVD drive i get a message saying enjoy radio while you dive even though i am parked.. if you look at the specs it say supports RDS but some how the software they load on this unit does have the radio in the settings option its missing.. i am currenlty complainign to the guy now on ebay to find out why i don't have my RDS and it say it supports it and why is it radio option missing.. anyway where did you hook up the blue wire that say break i assume you hooked it up on the hand break
ok i got the DVD to work now.. my mistake now i have to see if they will resolve this RDS issue

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Good luck. Simon was everybody's friend and very helpful until the people that bought the AutoSoul found out the POS didn't even work. Then Simon disappeared and refused to contact anyone, or offer any refunds for a unit that didn't do what it was advertised to do. So much for a so-called warranty. So a few people spent over $800 on a Navi system that didn't work as expected. Simon took their money and disappeared, and failed to deliver on an updated unit. Since the company is in China, they know you will have no recourse against anything that may go wrong. All they have to do is ignore you because you have no plans to go to China. Same thing happened with their Toyota Rav4 unit when that started failing.
This is why this kids should have bought a car with navi from the get go. At least their money would have gotten them something real vs. getting hosed. I feel for them tho. Noone deserves to be done over by crooks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
External source?

Does anyone with the qualir installed know if it accepts an auxiliary input?

It's great that it integrates the radio, cd and has iPod...but I was thinking of a Sirius/xm tuner.

Thanks. So how well does this work with an iPod? I heard steering wheel track buttons don't work.

·
4,574 Posts
Does anyone with the qualir installed know if it accepts an auxiliary input?

It's great that it integrates the radio, cd and has iPod...but I was thinking of a Sirius/xm tuner.

Thanks. So how well does this work with an iPod? I heard steering wheel track buttons don't work.
Did you know that China doesn't have Sirius/XM Radio? That is why you will never see a Chinese-made stereo with satellite radio. All you do is de-value the vehicle with a Chinese aftermarket stereo, that will fail in about 6 months.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Does the OP mean DIY like "do it yourself"..... what the hell does DYI mean??
Wow calm down bro he misspelled a word wow...lol. Of coarse he meant DIY. Hehe... at least I think.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's what I thought as well, however "DYI" is mentioned 5 times in the thread so I wasn't sure if there was an acronym I should know about or what...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Hillstones.

Yes, I know there is no satellite radio in china. I was wondering only whether there is an input for any external source.

Was the RDS issue resolved?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi, Hillstones.

Yes, I know there is no satellite radio in china. I was wondering only whether there is an input for any external source.

Was the RDS issue resolved?
If you can add XM/Sirius to any stock radio then it'll wor with this one even easier im sure. Add-on XM radio's can even act as DVR's. You can pause the playback if you get a phone call and play where you left off. It'll even record songs onto the players SD car. If you have and Android or iPhone you can dl the XM Sirius app and play right from that if the player youre looking at has an aux jack. I hope this all helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts