Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DriveAccord community, like many I spend a good amount of time poking around the internet. Recently I came across a product called Quantum Solenoid. Apparently they have them for both our 1.5T and 2.0T Accords from the link below:

https://www.qspwr.com/products/qs-honda-accord-2018

I tried poking around and haven't found much about them. I did see someone in the other forum comment that they're a gimmick. For the price, you could argue it's better getting a base K-Tuner. But for the sake of discussion, I am curious if this is something that could actually be a viable mod. So if anyone here has tried them, please feel free to chime in.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
?‍♂

"All claims of performance gains may not be achieved by all customers. The condition of the vehicle, and many other factors determine the performance gains described and if ideal conditions for the product to achieve full performance potential is not present, the product may not show improvements."

·
Registered
754 Posts
Your link doesn't even state what a quantum solenoid is or how it achieves "smoother shifts" or "better throttle response". Hard pass.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It might be a resistor, that effects some of the inputs or outputs of the ECM in the car. I used to see things like this advertised for F-150s. Since you can buy a whole pack of resistors for less than $10, I think $500 is a bit of a markup.

Since there's NO explanation of how it performs its miracles, it's obviously a scam. Rank it along with the magnets you used to be able to buy that would atomize the fuel better as it was delivered to the engine.

- Jack

·
Super Moderator
4,198 Posts
quan·tum
/ˈkwän(t)əm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: quantum; plural noun: quanta

1. PHYSICS
    a discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.
    • an analogous discrete amount of any other physical quantity, such as momentum or electric charge.
    • PHYSIOLOGY
      the unit quantity of acetylcholine released at a neuromuscular junction by a single synaptic vesicle, contributing a discrete small voltage to the measured end-plate potential.

2. a required or allowed amount, especially an amount of money legally payable in damages.
    • a share or portion.
      "each man has only a quantum of compassion"

so·le·noid
/ˈsōləˌnoid,ˈsäləˌnoid/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: solenoid; plural noun: solenoids
  1. a cylindrical coil of wire acting as a magnet when carrying electric current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts