Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know what the knob on the right hand side of the touchscreen does on the hybrid 9th gen?

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know what the knob on the right hand side of the touchscreen does on the hybrid 9th gen?

You must be not familiar with the 9th gen, that is the Menu/Select Knob, equipped standard on all 2013-14 accords

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm thinking of getting one, and I guess I never noticed that. I'm used to seeing this:

Isn't the menu select button normally below the environment controls?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, I'm thinking of getting one, and I guess I never noticed that. I'm used to seeing this:

Isn't the menu select button normally below the environment controls?
I believe the difference between this pic and the one above is the presence of navigation. I might be wrong though. Mine looks exactly like this pic.

·
Registered
684 Posts
There's three different configurations I've seen.

Your first post shows the touchscreen audio system you'd get on an EX-L model Accord. It has two knobs, one on either side of the screen.

The one you're used to seeing that you posted in #3 is what comes on Touring and EX-Ls with navigation. They have one knob next to the screen and a separate control system below the climate controls.

The third version comes on the LX, Sport and EX Accords as well as the Accord Hybrid standard edition. There no touchscreen, just one big knob with a few buttons surrounding it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both for clearing that up. Trying to figure out exactly what configuration is associated with which trim level from people's internet pics and terrible writing is pretty maddening.

·
Registered
684 Posts
So, which hybrid model you going for - Standard, EX-L, Touring? What color combination?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, which hybrid model you going for - Standard, EX-L, Touring? What color combination?
Actually, I was originally mistaken that the knob on the right of the touchscreen was associated with the hybrid (Because of the website it was posted on). I'm not getting going for the hybrid; I'm going for the ex-l v6 without nav, black/black. I would actually prefer a tan interior, but I'm getting a low mileage used car for a fair deal (23k, trading in a '99 jetta), and it's close enough.

I was under the impression I was getting the lower nav knob, but clearly I am not. I was hoping for it because I feel the knob is in a convenient place, not because I want the nav. Having the storage space there will be useful, though.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
First pic is an EX-L without navigation. Second photo is a Touring Hybrid.

The button on the right is for the select on the on-screen menu. It also changes the brightness of the rear camera (when in R), or the LaneWatch camera (when it's on).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got the used 2013 EXL V6. Love it.

Since we're on the topic of interiors, and I dont want to bother anyone with a simple question:

I noticed a tiny cigarette burn on the headliner. After I eventually stopped raging, I've decided it's not such a huge deal (its about 1/8" of an inch in diameter). I'm a tiny bit worried it might fray though, or get picked at by a passenger (its above the passenger seat by the window). Any idea how best to ensure it doesnt get bigger?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts