Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i finally got my dual exhaust. i called a local muffler shop to see if they can install it for me since im as smart as a door knob when it comes to cars. they said it would cost me 225$ to install. is that a fair price? if not how much would a fair price be.? thanks

:banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Price seems pretty steep in my opinion. I know here in TX most muffler shops charge about $50-60 an hr for labor. Most exhaust systems are VERY easy to install. Read through the instructions and see if you are able to do it. I know when I did my mazda it took about 45 minutes for everything and only a few sockets were needed.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
$225?? LOL

I would do it for $50 for you if I was in your area. The Takeda Exhaust is just plug N play. easy installation.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Way over priced, should be half that. If you have a jack just do it yourself. 9 bolts and 3 or 4 hangers... Super easy esp since our cars are relatively new.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i called another muffler shop and they asked me if it was a bolt on. ( i said yes but i have no idea if it is or not lol ) and they told me it would be 60$ and 20 min installation. sounds accurate? lol

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
ok so i called another muffler shop and they asked me if it was a bolt on. ( i said yes but i have no idea if it is or not lol ) and they told me it would be 60$ and 20 min installation. sounds accurate? lol
yeah... sounds more reasonable. Call another shop and asked if they'll do it for $50 or $40 cause another shop is charging you $60 for the installation.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yeah that sounds much better and it is a bolt on exhaust.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you got a friend who knows about cars and how to work on one then it would be a fun learning experience for you....

·
Registered
884 Posts
Do it yourself for free. If you can turn a wrench and pry a rubber hanger off with a screwdriver, you can install this yourself. You may even be able to do it without the screwdriver.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you got a friend who knows about cars and how to work on one then it would be a fun learning experience for you....
I do have a friend that knows. Hes currently in florida and im in georgia. Im in the process of getting medically retired from the military so I can't leave until my process is done. But that is definitely something I want to do once im out of here

·
Registered
884 Posts
A competent shop should not take any longer than 30 minutes to install this. Half hour labor is what, fifty bucks? Make sure you tell them "100% bolt on axle back" when you call for a quote.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's easy to do yourself when the car is new, no frozen rusted off or rounded out bolts to deal with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you want to do it yourself, which I recommend, you will need the tools. A decent jack alone will set you back $150+. You could pick up pep-boy ramps and a socket set for < $100. Never skimp on the quality of your jacks/stands/ramps!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would do it myself but like I said im as dumb as a door knob when it comes to stuff like that. Im planning on buying a cheap beater car so I can learn on it. Last thing I need is to mess up my new car. Lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
if you plan on keeping your car for a while, get the official service manuals from HELM, once they are out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick question for everyone saying it is a "bolt on" application. Roiify has a I4 EX-L with a single exhaust right now, wouldn't there need to be some modification or purchase of a b-pipe and need to add a hanger to get the duals to work? Even with that the first quote is pretty high, but from what I understand of mounting duals to a originally single exhaust car the Takeda is not just a "bolt on" exhaust system and might cost more than $50-$60.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts