Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I want to do the switch blade key. But I have some questions. first would be can I get honda to reprogram the remote and the chip for my key. The donor key was from my Old accord *04). My new accord *06* does not have a 2nd key because I am the 3rd owner. So I only got 1 key. I want to get the TL key cut and then I want to put the guts of my old 04 key into the new key and have honda reprogram it. Will that work? LMK. I was looking at this key shell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1277wt_939

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
Yes, it will work.

Essentially you can do 2 things. You can get a Key FOB which many Honda dealers will cut for free, and program for a fee.

1. Get a FOB cut by a dealer and just slap in your oem key chip and your good to go. Will most likely not cost you a penny because the dealers will assume that it wont work and give you some bs about them not being responsible for not working.

2. Get a new FOB cut and programmed. In my area programming cost me $35 for my TL flip key. Again, they will cut for free, and program it for a fee and your good to go.

Until this day, i havent seen an ebay key that could be programmed to start your car without a dealer doing the programming. You can self program it for the windows and door functions, but not to start your engine.

GL with everything man and keep us updated

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike! I hate not having a spare key around because my car like to auto lock itself. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts