Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just signed up here,

thought I was a member because I am a member on almost every other site, but I drive a 06 TSX, and my girl has a 08 Accord Coupe EX, and for Christmas she is going to order me the rest of my lipkit, where I am ordering her a bunch of stuff. (fogs, 5000k HID's and 3000k for fogs, and a injen CAI)

Now I am looking into buying her fog lights, her car being the EX she does not have the control for fogs by her headlights. Can I still do the cheap ebay fogs? as I am only going to put 3000k HID's in there for her.

Or do I have to spend 200 on the real Honda ones, do you know if they sell the stalk separately?

Anything I should know before going to do this install? I have done many installs on my TSX and my bros RSX-S. So I would assume its all the same roughly...

but after xmas, I'll be saving up for some coilovers for her so she can learn do drive slower and it looks way to high next to my car.

Thanks

-sorry if this was a repost, I have been searching the web and the forums but getting no where. could have missed it though lol.

btw, here is my TSX if anyone wondered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add her car is the k24z3 i believe,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think your right Damien, guess im checking some part sites lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
IDK, but that’s one kick ass TSX with killer Work emotions!

I’m in the same situation. I’m personally going to buy the OEM housings and an HID 3K kit. Wanna keep it super clean, but I seen people use just the eBay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man, i'm going to order that part, then order the Ebay fogs, I'll make it work, I hope... lol

I'll call up collegehillhonda tonight saying I already ahve fogs but no stalk see if they can help me. lol.

then I'll be ordering some nightvision 3000k fogs, from retrosolutions. ah this is going to be an expensive xmas

·
Registered
289 Posts
I pretty sure you could just buy the fog housings. But if you buy the kit then you get a new switch with controls to the fogs. If you just do the housing then your gonna have to splice it. OEM is always better material anyways.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
To double check on the part number of the switch, I'd go to College Hills and look up the fog light accessory kit. They actually list the part number for the switch between the EX and EX-L in the PDFs for the install instructions.

Since she has an EX, it'll be 08V38-TA0-100. It'll be extremely straightforward since there's already wiring in the EX and higher models for fogs. Just need the switch, fogs, and harness and you're good to go for a PnP application.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://gallery.me.com/ssm05rsx#100015&bgcolor=black&view=grid

theres my mobileme gallery with pictures of my car and hers when she got it, car was in winter mode at that point, and going back into winter mode soon. lol

mods -

Mugen Front Grill/Lip/window visors, Injen CAI, Spoon replica rear lip spoiler, EBC Rotors and Red Stuff pads, Tanabe sustec Pro type 2 coilovers, mac mini, xenarc TSV 7" screen, ITR valve cover, work emotion XT-7s, Progress rsb,

I believe that is all lol, my GF is buying me the rest of my kit for xmas, thatll be hard to fit under the tree, but she said shes wrapping it some how :)!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I pretty sure you could just buy the fog housings. But if you buy the kit then you get a new switch with controls to the fogs. If you just do the housing then your gonna have to splice it. OEM is always better material anyways.
Eh plastic is plastic to me, the glass on the fogs both **** they both break, I may just replace her lens with Lexan that I have left over from making some for my bros RSX-S so I don't have to replace it when it cracks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts