Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hope everyone is having a good thanksgiving week with their friends and family.

I have a 2009 Accord EX. I installed a Rosen Navigation system that has bluetooth functions. I recently bought a leather steering wheel out of an EX-L with bluetooth controls. Does anyone know if these controls can be used to operate the rosen bluetooth? I think that if the wiring is there then the rosen can be programmed, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for you time.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
190 Posts
At first I was thinking, 'that doesn't sound like it's going to work'.. but on their website they say about the 'piranha' series, at least: "They are Plug-N-Play, meaning they replace the factory radio and plug into the factory harness with full function of the vehicles steering wheel controls (if so equipped)."

Since some of these cars have bluetooth controls, it seems like the unit would support it if your model says something similar. Your best bet is probably to contact these people to see if bluetooth is supported on the models of Accords that come with bluetooth standard... then, if your car doesn't have the necessary wires, to try to run them from the new steering wheel. I imagine it'd be complicated, but I could see it being a worthwhile modification if that navigation system works well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the help!

I called them and they said if the accord comes from the factory with bluetooth then the rosen bluetooth is automatically disabled. But if the car is wired for it, I bet the rosen system menu can be accessed and programmed to do this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts