Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my camber kit and the tech said that because of the wheels and the suspension travel the BEST he can do is negative 2.5 degrees for the rear (the fronts he said were perfectly fine at negative 0.5 degrees).

im wondering if 0.5 and 2.5 degrees camber (front and rear respectively) are acceptable specs...

is it going to cause terrible handling? really bad tire wear? etc?

also... i think all 4 of my tires are SHOT! anyone have any suggestions on best places to get 19in tires?

FRONT TIRES 225/45-19

REAR TIRES 245/40-19

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I put Eibach springs on my car at 6K miles and Tein SS coils at 37K.. car currently has 43K .. so I've had negative camber (-3.0 to -3.5) for all those miles with stock tires .. that being said, the tires have a lot of uneven wear and the car handles pretty terribly in the rain.

Honda spec is -2.1 to -0.8 for the rear, so you're only off by about half a degree .. I'd say that if you can see negative camber with the naked eye, it's going to cause uneven tread wear. If you're going to buy new tires you really should get a camber kit to get the most life out of them.

I just bought 19" Continental Extreme Contact DWS based on the reviews on tirerack (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...r=2008&autoModClar=EX-L V6&vehicleSearch=true) and a 3-arm camber kit from Throwdown's site (http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_1_2_4_245&products_id=147).

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the spc 3 arm kit w megan street series coil overs. But the tech said that we can't get the rear wihin oem spec because of the aggressive offset of my wheels and the drop. He said the tires will hit the fender if we get it to oem spec...

·
Internet
502 Posts
I have the spc 3 arm kit w megan street series coil overs. But the tech said that we can't get the rear wihin oem spec because of the aggressive offset of my wheels and the drop. He said the tires will hit the fender if we get it to oem spec...
dremmel the fenders liners off, or roll em

1 - 4 of 4 Posts