Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, say I get 18" wheels for an LXS. Will that make the ride height higher then say a stock v6? Does the v6 come with a suspension that makes it lower?

Or if I put 18" wheels on a lxs, will it be the same height? What about 19?

thanks

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
Ok, say I get 18" wheels for an LXS. Will that make the ride height higher then say a stock v6? Does the v6 come with a suspension that makes it lower?

Or if I put 18" wheels on a lxs, will it be the same height? What about 19?

thanks
depends on tires. just lower your car.

·
Registered
851 Posts
if you want stock height but larger rims, make sure your tires side wall is smaller so if if lxs comes with p215/55/17 and you get 18's make sure the side wall is smaller so the 55 would be something like 45 or 35 whatever make the tires the same height... if you want smaller height, than make sure you get smaller tires with 18's but remember the risk with smaller sidewall is that its that durable, so if you go into a bad pot hole it has a higher risk of getting cut open, or if you jump a curve, you have a chance of damaging the rim and the tire!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Just go to Tire Rack, enter your car info, and then click on the optional 18", 19", or 20" wheel size and it will tell you the appropriate tire size to keep your ride height the same and your speedometer and odometer accurate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at the HFP 18" wheels, which i dont see on tire rack. What tires would i need for what i want?

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking at the HFP 18" wheels, which i dont see on tire rack. What tires would i need for what i want?

thanks
Still wondering, what tires would I need to make it have a ride height of a stock v6? I;m thinking 235-45-18

Thanks

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Still wondering, what tires would I need to make it have a ride height of a stock v6? I;m thinking 235-45-18

Thanks
I already told you, go on Tire Rack, select your car info, then click on optional 18" tire. It will tell you the correct tire size. The wheel model doesn't matter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jet Black Stock 18 inch wheels

I can sell you mind. Brand New Wheels and tires(235/45/18 94v) from my 2011 honda accord coupe V6. Once i bought my car i put rims right away. But i got my stock jet black powder coated,

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One mroe question,

Say I get the 18" hfp wheels with the correct tires, so its like the stock height of the v6.

How would the ride quality be?

Thanks

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I've never driven a 6-6 Coupe with 18" wheels so I don't know. But have experience with the same 235/45 tires. I know the Accord's suspension is pretty much one-size fits all. So it should ride the same as your OEM 17s nearly all of the time. There are times you will feel the difference of a lower profile tire, mostly a rougher ride. In theory, the handling should be sharper, but I doubt one will feel it day to day. Then again, depends on how and where you drive.

If you are looking for that difference in feel and handling, IMO, it's not there to justify the price.

But do it for looks.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
That was the plan. I just dont want to end up with worse ride quality because of it...
If you are happy with the ride of your 17s, then the 18s should feel the same 95% of the time (depending on your road conditions).

It is not like the drastic change when people lower their cars.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
How will it effect performance and mpg?
Any larger rim you have will have a slight negative effect on MPG and performance. it really depends wheel to wheel though as they are made of different compounds (you could get a really lightweight 18" that may even be lighter than stock).

In terms of drop, coilovers would be your best bet as they would allow you to not sacrifice getting too skinny of a tire or springs that may wear quicker for the specific drop you may want, plus all the additional benefits :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any larger rim you have will have a slight negative effect on MPG and performance. it really depends wheel to wheel though as they are made of different compounds (you could get a really lightweight 18" that may even be lighter than stock).
I was thinking about the 18" HFP wheels. Does anyone know how much these way compared the the stock 17's?

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I would always get smaller tires, depends on what kinda tires you end up getting, you dont want them to big its going to **** up the look of the rims & the car if they dont fit together perfectly

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts