Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On your external crossover, what did you set the tweeters to: -3db, 0db, or 3db?

I set mine to 3db, but after putting everything back together and playing music, the music sounds worse than it did before, like there is way too much treble. It almost hurts to listen to at even a moderate volume level, like 25 or so. Would the reason for this be me setting it to 3db? Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Polk Audio tweeters have always been to bright, drop it down to 0 or -3.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I set them to -3. On the passenger side, I reversed the polarity to set the zone for the driver.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, awesome. Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure that way the reason before I invested another 2 hours in taking off the door panels again!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I set them to -3. On the passenger side, I reversed the polarity to set the zone for the driver.
That sounds like something I need to do. Can you elaborate on this a bit?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That sounds like something I need to do. Can you elaborate on this a bit?
As previous poster said, flip the wires for tweeters going into the crossover. :)

Experiment with your setup, as your ears or music might need to be set up a little differently. I listen to a lot of Russian Hip Hop, Trip Hop, Electronic, Ambient and my set up worked perfectly. I read online that some people added a small capacitor to delay the signal even more. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would just adjust the balance slightly to the passenger side (+1 to the right is what I use), versus reversing polarity on the tweeter, but that's just me. Another vote for the -3DB setting also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts