Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3rd Accord
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question: How do you turn your lights all the way off while the car is still on? Could not find the answer...

Thanks,

Adam

·
need 6 speed!
3,489 Posts
cant unless you pull the drl relay, or you start the car with the ebrake up.

·
3rd Accord
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

cant unless you pull the drl relay, or you start the car with the ebrake up.
Ok, Start the car with the E-Brake up. I'll try it.

Thank you,

Adam

·
need 6 speed!
3,489 Posts
it turns back on the moment you put the ebrake down though.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Even if you start the car with the e-brake up, the DRLs will turn on as soon as you put it down- obviously you aren't going to drive with the brake up.

I believe fuse 15 on the driver's side fuse box is for DRLs. If you pull that they should stay off.

·
3rd Accord
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRLs

Even if you start the car with the e-brake up, the DRLs will turn on as soon as you put it down- obviously you aren't going to drive with the brake up.

I believe fuse 15 on the driver's side fuse box is for DRLs. If you pull that they should stay off.
Good to know. Thank you as well.

Adam

·
Registered
98 Posts

if you pull fuse 15, will you also lose your high beams?

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
if you pull fuse 15, will you also lose your high beams?
Nope. I have mine pulled because I have HID's that I dont want constantly one during the day. The problem is you get a stupid DRL light on your dash board all the time.

If you pull the DRL relay does it still cause the DRL light to come on in the dash?

Is there any difference between the relay and the fuse? same effect?

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Nope. I have mine pulled because I have HID's that I dont want constantly one during the day. The problem is you get a stupid DRL light on your dash board all the time.

If you pull the DRL relay does it still cause the DRL light to come on in the dash?

Is there any difference between the relay and the fuse? same effect?
HID's don't stay on constantly. Unless for some reason you have HID high beams, which seems like overkill.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
Ya....I have the HID bixenon kit and I also have my stock high beams as well. Call me crazy I know....but its great when someone flashes me to be a dink, and I flash back with quad high beams lol.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
Ya....I have the HID bixenon kit and I also have my stock high beams as well. Call me crazy I know....but its great when someone flashes me to be a dink, and I flash back with quad high beams lol.
But turning on your low beam HIDs should turn off the DRLs. So why the need to pull the fuse? And how does pulling the DRL fuse stop your HIDs from being on during the day, unless there's some bizarre wiring been done to your car?

Edit: I think I understand now - the DRLs trigger the high beam section of the bi-xenon HID lights.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
Yes, turning on your HID's/ low beams turns off your DRL's

1. The HID's are connected to the High beam and the low beam wires.
1a. The low beam turns on the HID bulbs and the High beam flips a sheild up in front of the bulb
1b. The DRL's are the high beam bulbs that receive less current so they are not full high beams. This low current is through the high beam wires turn on the HID's when the car is running during the day.

With the HID's on all the time you can not get the affect of the angel eyes. I like to be able to control the look of the front of my car myself. I keep everything off during the day, I have the angel eyes and corner lights on when its dusk out and the HID's on when its dark.

Side Note: I was thinking about turning my high beam locations into blinkers, and blacking out the stock blinker location to give the lights a slim sleek look like the 8th gen. Either that, or put super yellow bulbs in my stock high beam location and connect them to the fog light connections.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
Yes, turning on your HID's/ low beams turns off your DRL's

1. The HID's are connected to the High beam and the low beam wires.
1a. The low beam turns on the HID bulbs and the High beam flips a sheild up in front of the bulb
1b. The DRL's are the high beam bulbs that receive less current so they are not full high beams. This low current is through the high beam wires turn on the HID's when the car is running during the day.

With the HID's on all the time you can not get the affect of the angel eyes. I like to be able to control the look of the front of my car myself. I keep everything off during the day, I have the angel eyes and corner lights on when its dusk out and the HID's on when its dark.

Side Note: I was thinking about turning my high beam locations into blinkers, and blacking out the stock blinker location to give the lights a slim sleek look like the 8th gen. Either that, or put super yellow bulbs in my stock high beam location and connect them to the fog light connections.
Best to leave the turn signals where they are. High beam reflectors do not make good turn signal reflectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts