Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious that HID headlight + LED fog light vs HID headlight + fog light. In term of brightness i think the HID head+fog light is better, but i think LED is bright enough since i already got HID headlight. So im really curious about both of them. I just want to find a way to install easier but still better than the halogen. thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
What?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Led u have to pay attention to the wattage output. Most of the these websites have them listedfrom 5-40$ value are notthing more than for show and has no performance when it comes to brightness. Hid headlight and hid fogs is the way to go.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Both LED and HID's should have a Lumens output rating. Lumens or candle power is the measurement of light brightness. Dont be confused with Kelvin or K. which is the color. They relate degrees kelvin which is actually a temperature with the light color output or HID's and LED's.

So with that said, Get HID's with the correct Kelvin to match the stock LED running lights. Then I would get LED fog lights to match as well. Putting HID's in your fog lights really wont do much good because the reflective housing are meant for regular bulbs. HID's really need to have projectors to spread the light properly. When you slap HID's in a reflective housing you just piss off everyone around you and really don't put much more light on the road.

Good luck captain.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
^ YUP. Not a big proponent of HID's in reflector housings. It's not like your going to be using just them while driving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What's the best type of LED bulb to buy for the fogs? Are the ones on DDM Tuning any good? What's the difference between the SMD ones and the CREE ones? What kind do most people get? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
The fogs are useless and LED bulbs are for show-they look great. Cree is pretty cheap but all of the so called "Cree" seem to be Chinese that use Cree bulbs only. VLED is said to be great but run $60 a pair.

IMO the only way to get good fog output is to go HID but that fog is only rated for 35W, buyer beware re: your wiring harness. If You have HID lights or real LED headlights (not just bulbs) then super bright fogs are not necessary IMO. I leave my fogs off now that I have the LED headlights. If I go with LED fog bulbs, i would leave them on.

My MDX has a stock 51W bulb which is only 4w short of the low beam and puts out really useful light.

The factory LED headlights are a bit better than Honda factory HID. I did the comparison and posted night pics last winter. Aftermarket HID I can't comment on.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
What's the best type of LED bulb to buy for the fogs? Are the ones on DDM Tuning any good?

What's the difference between the SMD ones and the CREE ones? What kind do most people get? Thanks!
I would like to know this also. I know a few members on here suggest Ebay bulbs, some suggest DDM's CREE, etc. Not sure if they're most likely the same or what...

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1742986&postcount=1928

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1743202&postcount=1930

·
HA-420
709 Posts

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Cree is old news....COB leds is where its at now. If i had 200 to replace all my old crees i would do it. Just search and you can find 900-1200 lumen cob leds that will do better then the halogens you have.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Well, some 12v to 18v LED devices will burn your retinas if looked at directly. Being narrow beams, my LED driven DLP has such devices. I would wait 3 more years for 12V LED chips to flood the auto market. For now we have the after market using multi-use LED devices on adapter boards, which are sub par to what is available in high end cars being built for 2014.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts