Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*first note* - not sure if this thread belongs here or the adio section**

I just got the USASPEC PA15-HON2 for CHristmas, and i think I hate it. Personnaly I would've rahter had the DICE unit but I have what I have.

Trying to install it, second attempt. I drive a 2004 EX with a 6 disc changer, non nav, not xm ready. I also bought a RCA to 3.5 aux cord. For the second time, I take my console apart, plug the 14 pin connection, and everything seems to work fine, plug in the rca, everything worked fine. Turn the car off then on again, everything worked fine, go back to my car an hour later and the unit will play CD's, but gives me no response when i try to hit the CD/AUX button, just continues to play CD's. So I cant go into direct mode or auxilary mode. I triple checked to make sure all the DIP settings are correct, they are all in the ON position. Im not sure what the problem could be, but its driving me crazy. Adding to all my frustrations, my 6 disc changer is "jammed", I cannot eject any discs as it sounds like it wants to but wont eject. And then the icing on the cake, my backlight went out, pfft, all kinds of problems with this damn head unit, I wish the aftermarket radios didnt look so terrible in this car, because the OEM is obviously garbage. If anyone has any experience or knowledge on this unit please let me know if you have any troubleshooting ideas...thanks fellas.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think you better PM hillstones, he seems to have the most knowledge in this forums when it comes to Ipod converters and what not.

And would you like to trade your USASPEC for my DICE??? Hehe, I cant seem to get the Dice unit working well for me, since it seems to play only from the album playlist, and not my own personal liking. But for now im planning to sell my Dice, let me know if you wanna trade :naughty:

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I guess I never had any of these issues with my USASpec, but my HU is XM ready...

Though, it sounds like the HU needs to be replaced or repaired either way, so while you're doing that - just get you one that's XM ready... Though, as I think about it, I can't remember if you can get XM with the standard climate control that I think is in the 04 EX.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
As far as playlists go - the USA Spec has a playlist mode, and a folder mode toggled by a dipswitch. Folder mode still allows for playlists -- have you checked all the options on the Dice?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on replacing my radio, but for now I figured I would be able to run AT LEAST the AUX mode on the USASPEC to choose my music manually from the ipod, it makes no sense that it doesnt work, unless I am some how missing something???? About the radio, I did a little research and found this site....
http://replacementradios.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_34_146&products_id=1230
and it says it has that same radio AND at the bottom of the screen it asks if you want the XM equipped or not. Thanks for the ideas fellas, and GEN_UNKNOWN I will def keep you in mind moving foward.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
The directions for the USASpec are the worst. From what others have experienced, the dip switch settings are hit and miss.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The directions for the USASpec are the worst. From what others have experienced, the dip switch settings are hit and miss.
Does that mean i should try to different DIP settings to see if it works other than what the directions say? Would you say that there are better options out there than the USASPEC? I see others say the prefer the DICE kit but I cant believe that this would be such a problematic product, wouldn't they have fixed the glitches/bugs that affect the unit before going bankrupt when the world realizes their product is garbage?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Does that mean i should try to different DIP settings to see if it works other than what the directions say? Would you say that there are better options out there than the USASPEC? I see others say the prefer the DICE kit but I cant believe that this would be such a problematic product, wouldn't they have fixed the glitches/bugs that affect the unit before going bankrupt when the world realizes their product is garbage?
I have a USA Spec and my dip switches are all set to ON. I do not have navigation or an XM stereo, so I do not care for text on screen. This gives me the playlist ability, disc 8 gives me free control mode to my iPhone and disc 9 gives me Aux for the 3.5mm jack.

I didn't find the instructions to be bad at all, so perhaps they've updated it since. I just looked at the settings I wanted and set the switches.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ANd devious you use the cd/aux button to switch between CD's and the USASPEC? And also use the disc+ and disc- buttons to move between settings, because im pretty sure that was happening for me either, maybe ill give it another try tomorrow on my day off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts