Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a few questions about swapping my 4cyl sedan for a 6cyl EX(looking to trade in).

The vehicle I'm looking at is a 2010 Accord Sedan EX V6, cloth interior, no navi (don't want or need them, I just want a bit more power).

Few questions I have:
1) Has the vcm system given any trouble?
2) How is ave gas mpg?
3) Any issues to be aware of?

·
2010 V6 Sedan
3 Posts
I bought my 8th gen V6-EX new . VCM works great on the highway , I get roughly 550 Km per gas tank (city), I've never had any problem with the car .( odometer roughly @ 10,000 km ) .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went from a 4cy to a V6 and don't notice too much in terms of gas mileage, though admittedly I don't pay too close attention to it. I'd say the V6 gets a couple miles less to the gallon.

No other things to really take note of, just getting used to the different sound of the engine as opposed to the i4, it's a bit of a deeper sound.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I second everyone's comments here. I haven't driven the 4 cylinder model but I'm very pleased with the power of the 6. I drive about 50% stop and go traffic and 50% windy country roads and I usually avg 22. I don't have all highway numbers but from what I read 30 is well within reach.

Best of luck, I think you will be making a favorable change.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up guys.

I figure the mpg will drop a tad w/ the v6, but I think it is worth it to have the extra hp & tourqe.

I should be going in Friday to do this deal, & I'll keep you guys updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts