Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have some questions about the CVT judder TSB. I'm currently on the fence about having the TSB done. I have only experienced a semi-nasty shudder once, from a cold start. It only jerks when starting to accelerate and when decelerating. I haven't experienced much in the way of problems from this. My main concerns are potential problems down the road if it's not done in terms of longevity of the CVT and honestly, worried about taking it to the dealer again, due to some service techs not taking it easy on your car. I had the wind noise TSB done three times and has never been as quiet as it was originally. It's as if the sealing wasn't done properly. I didn't want to make it worse, so I've lived with it. Plus, when I took it in for the airbag cover rattle TSB, they fixed it but they scarred the plastic on one side of the steering wheel where the cruise buttons are. When I told them I wanted that plastic replaced, they replaced it, but left a somewhat visible scratch right in the middle-bottom-ish part of the front airbag cover, below the Honda logo. So, I tend to cringe thinking it may be made worse.

Was it a noticeable enough improvement for those who had it done? I'm also curious if there was a drop in gas mileage, say of about 1 MPG or more? I'm wondering if in order for Honda to fix the CVT to be smoother in operation, if that meant sacrificing a few MPG's?

What say everyone who had this done on this? I'd really appreciate opinions. :)

Thanks in advance,
Tommy

·
Banned
784 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have some questions about the CVT judder TSB. I'm currently on the fence about having the TSB done. I have only experienced a semi-nasty shudder once, from a cold start. It only jerks when starting to accelerate and when decelerating. I haven't experienced much in the way of problems from this. My main concerns are potential problems down the road if it's not done in terms of longevity of the CVT and honestly, worried about taking it to the dealer again, due to some service techs not taking it easy on your car. I had the wind noise TSB done three times and has never been as quiet as it was originally. It's as if the sealing wasn't done properly. I didn't want to make it worse, so I've lived with it. Plus, when I took it in for the airbag cover rattle TSB, they fixed it but they scarred the plastic on one side of the steering wheel where the cruise buttons are. When I told them I wanted that plastic replaced, they replaced it, but left a somewhat visible scratch right in the middle-bottom-ish part of the front airbag cover, below the Honda logo. So, I tend to cringe thinking it may be made worse.

Was it a noticeable enough improvement for those who had it done? I'm also curious if there was a drop in gas mileage, say of about 1 MPG or more? I'm wondering if in order for Honda to fix the CVT to be smoother in operation, if that meant sacrificing a few MPG's?

What say everyone who had this done on this? I'd really appreciate opinions. :)

Thanks in advance,
Tommy
I am not taking my car in for a CVT update because the judder is very minor (although my car is in the vin range) and my CVT fluid is very clear. I am not taking any chance with some tech making it worse.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the judder in my car is ridiculous but it isn't in vin range but dealer contacted honda and they say to perform the tsb getting it done in a couple days along with the paint chipping on the tail lights

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I have an appt. on Monday 11/18 for my first oil change and to have the CVT judder checked. I'm dropping the car the Saturday before so it can be cold when the service dept. drives it. I'm hoping the judder will show itself, but we shall see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just drop my car to them this morning,same symptom happen while idle in D,went off in neutral.slightly vibration when accelerate. car start to hesitate almost all the time.i told them that my cvt need to be update.now i just wait and see wat kinda BS they gonna come up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts